Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM VSAT external forwarding

lkomarci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I have two phone numbers from my vsat isp provider. Outgoing calls via those two lines work well however incoming calls all go directly to one number which is wrong.

Been giving it a try but I can't figure out where I can change this number.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks

13 Replies 13

Leonardo Santana
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Try to use voice translation rules.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/call-routing-dial-plans/61083-voice-transla-rules.html 

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

Could you  please explain  how you integrated the CUCM with your VSAT number. From the OP the call flow is not clear.

Response Signature

I wouldn't know much on where to begin with OP explanation as I'm quite a rookie in CUCM.

What I've found out for now is the gateway is ISR 4351. It has 4 FXO/FXS cards, i.e. ports with assigned DN/prefixes for VSAT lines.

Each of them has route pattern with a partition for auto registered phones assigned.

Can't/don't know how to describe it any better without sounding like a complete tool. CUCM is just one of my many tools and I rarely use it

So I assume that VSAT lines are connected to two FXO ports on ISR 4351. I think there might be Plar configured on gateway.

Could you please share the gateway Configurations.

Response Signature

Hi,

• Your gateway is configured as mgcp?
  • Do you have PLAR configured under your fxo ports?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

The gateway is configured as MGCP

• Not sure about PLAR I'm looking into it now 

Hi,

Inside the DN number config of the FXO at CUCM, do you have configured the call forward all?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

It doesn't dial 4601 as stated in attedant DN but rather 102.

I looked into PLAR on how to set it up here

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/212073-CUCM-PLAR-Configuration-Example.html

once I go to call routing > translation pattern I don't see any patterns there if they're necessary

There is something call Dialed  Number Analysis(DNA). 
You will come to know the call flow.

Response Signature

Hi,

Did you check the call forward on the DN lines of the FXO?

Regards
Leonardo Santana

so when some one calls your vsat numbers does that land on 4601? 

Response Signature

lkomarci
Level 1
Level 1

Just a little update on my research - I realized there is no forwarding from the two external lines to this one number. The phones that have forwarding actually say forwarded on the display when there's an incoming call but not for this one. 

Where or how else could this have been set up?

Thanks

Check the call flow using DNA.(Dialed Number analysis)

Response Signature