Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6000 install

myxxymoxx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I am installing a new 2 xUCS-C220 server CISCO BE6K-ST-BDL-K9. When trying to build the Call Manager BE6K side.

After deploying the OVA and trying to install the Virtual Machine in ESXi I get the following:

Products not supported on this platform are:

Cisco Unity Connection

Cisco Unified CM Business Edition 5000

The only thing I can install is Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Enterprise License Manager. The product sold to the client is CUCMBE 6K which is not being recognised or supported on this hardware.

Any ideas?

Also, I have changed the password on ESXi on one server and cannot get back in - TAC?

Thanks for any help..

19 Replies 19

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

OK, what do you think/expect to see???

If you are expecting a 6K option during the wizard, drop the idea.

Install the OVA for each specific product, and run the standalone install for each product.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

I think thats the problem - the OVA.

I do not get the option to install CUCM or Unity. I have tried every OVA to no avail!

I have downloaded the latest OVA, but no joy

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=284510097&flowid=37562&softwareid=283088407&release=9.1(1)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

Which one are you using??

What ESXi version??

And what do you see?? a screenshot would help.

HTH

java

HTH

java

hello I have tried

cucm_9.1_vmv7_v1.6 and

cucm_9.1_vmv8_v1.6

ESXi 5.0.0.0 VMKernel Release Build 623860.

I'm lost here, a screenshot is the only way to clear this out

You first said this:

The only thing I can install is Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Enterprise License Manager. The product sold to the client is CUCMBE 6K which is not being recognised or supported on this hardware.

Then you say this:

I do not get the option to install CUCM or Unity. I have tried every OVA to no avail!

??

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sorry for the confusion Java,

I can install CUCM, but this is not CUCMBE 6K is this right?

Also I dont get the option to install Unity Connection!

Yes, that's the one, as I explained in the other post, if you're expecting to see anything during the wizard that says 6K, that's just not going to happen, there is no: this is for a standalone install, this is for a 6K, this for a 5K, etc

6K and standalone difference, is the OVA and HW.

Wizard is the same, and you use the same option during install

You do not see CUC, because you're using a CUCM OVA.

Want to install CUC???

Download the CUC OVA, deploy it

Install CUC using regular wizard

Want to install IM&P???

Download the IM&P OVA, deploy it

Install IM&P using regular wizard

and so on for any of the 6K apps you'll install.

So, with the above, if you were expecting something like, ohhh, I'll use just one OVA and install everything with it... nope, that's not how it works

HTH

java

HTH

java

Aha!

Right, so deploy as a normal CUCM?

I will try this tommorow hopefully this will work then. I will search for a Unity OVA also.

Cheers for brightening my dark day!

Yes, just use the right 6K option during the OVA deployment, and when you go thru the install wizard, use the regular CUCM/CUC/IM&P/ETC option for whatever you're installing.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Will try tomorrow.

Thanks for your help on this, much appreciated. I will come back to then.

hello Java,

CUCM and CUC installed fine! I will license tomorrow, to see what the BE6K allows, i.e. a SUB for CUCM and CUC, not sure if this is the case or they are single host design in this topology!

Another couple of questions if you dont mind;

I am goimg to install the Cisco Attendant Console. Now thats Windows, where would ESXi provide the OVA for that, and how do we go about getting it? No DVD's were provided, is this already on there?

VSphere is sayin that I have 59 days to go on an evaluation license. Shouldnt this be bundled in with this lot? I have opened a new thread on ths one....

Appreciate your help.

For HW redundancy, you need the SUBs in the other server.

CUC is 2 server solution just as in standalone, for CUCM you can actually install as many CUCMs as you like, just use the 6K OVA and don't go over the number of user/devices for a 6K deployment.

No OVA for CUxAC, go to the virtualization wiki for specs on the VM, or look at the CUxAC install guide for VM specs and build it accordingly.

AFAIK only on 9.X the apps are pre-loaded (and that's if you ordered that bundle), otherwise, you do it all.

CUxAC can be downloaded here:

http://www.cisco.com/go/ac

I really have no idea of what you get/should get when you buy this, I get all my HW blank and do it all myself.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java,

I have added another Sub after licensing the PUB, however, the phones will not register to the SUB if the PUB is down, or I have them load balanced across them when they are both up. All Services are active and the hosts are in the same subnet, so no routing issues.

Licensing issue? This is what is installed..

BE6K-9X-PAK

UCXN-9X-SC-PORTS

UCM-9X-ENH-UCL

UCN-9X-VM-UCL

UCM-9X-BAS-UCL

Hi Carl,

Di u start the call manager service in Subscriber ?

Also, check for DBreplication.

regds,

aman