cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE6000 and SRST

richb1971
Level 4
Level 4

Is SRST possible when using CUCMBE6000 on a single site? Suuuurely?! Tell me I've been advised wrongly...

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use SRST with CUCMBE 5K and 6K as another level of redundancy

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

I've been advised (by Cisco) that CUCMBE5K supports SRST only (ie no Pub/Sub model) and the CUCMBE6K supports (Pub/Sub) but only supports SRST on remote sites ie no SRST for main site!

Please tell me this isnt true

Richard

CUCMBE 5K is indeed a one box solution so the only redundancy is SRST.

From a technical point of view there's nothing preventing having SRST on the main site with 5K/6K.

I don't know of any doc that clearly specifies that it's not supported to have SRST at the main site.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Java,

I can't find one either and yet the Program Manager of the Cisco Quick Pricing Tool has confirmed SRST is only available on remote sites as the main site resilience is provided by the second server.

"SRST is only available on the Secondary sites.

For the primary site, redundancy is done with a 2nd server that you can select in the following screen"

Are you able to double check this?

I have tried the QPT and it does not allow SRST for CUCMBE6K. Is this a bug in the Tool or just a bad idea from Cisco?

Rich

Hello Rich,

I ran into the same issue with QPT. So I added FL-CME-SRST licenses manually to the quote and chose the right kind of IOS gateway (2911/2921/2951).

Make sure that the Voice gateway is in separate VLAN than the CMBE6K. Put the IP address of the VG under phone profile's SRST configuration.

Hope this helps.

Regards

OJ

Hi OJ,

Thanks for reply and confirming I'm not going mad. Shame the tool doesnt work properly-its very convenient how it calculates the ISR and DSPs.

I've raised it with PDI and the QPT Program Manager......

Rich