Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 8.6 License

clark white
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I am little bit confused for CUP 8.6 License, I have a PAK for 8.6  when requesting License from cisco I should provide a MAC of CUCM or CUP server.???

In the below link it is showing me the procedure for installing  LIC in CUCM and CUP both, so my doubt is if i provide a MAC of CUCM then how i can upload a file on CUP server and suppose if i gave a MAC of CUP then how i can upload on CUCM server,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/install_upgrade/installation/guide/Post-Install_Tasks.html#wp1098643

Please guide.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

CUP is a little tricky. For CUP users, the license needs to be uploaded to the CUCM server where as CUP server license needs to be uploaded to the CUP server itself. So to answer your questions, its a 2 step process, request CUP server license with License MAC of the CUP server and then request CUP users with the License MAC of the CUCM server.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

CUP is a little tricky. For CUP users, the license needs to be uploaded to the CUCM server where as CUP server license needs to be uploaded to the CUP server itself. So to answer your questions, its a 2 step process, request CUP server license with License MAC of the CUP server and then request CUP users with the License MAC of the CUCM server.

Thanks George,

But i have only 1 PAK, so it is not possible to take 2 No's lic file from cisco, they will provid eme only 1 lic file

Ah the GLO. You should be able to do this and thats how it needs to be done. It would be easier if you go to www.cisco.com/go/license and assign the quantities as shown below.

In your case, select the CUP server license, and add the number to right, and put in the license MAC of CUPS. Once thats complete and you get the license, repeat the process with users.

PS: Just an example since I didnt have an unassigned CUP PAK.

Dear George,

repeat the process with users.

From your above sentence  what i undestand is that i shld use the same CUP PAK again with CUCM MAC ??? If i am not wrong we can't use the same PAK again it gives the error. "PAK already used"

Thanks

It gives that error only if the PAK is completely used.

Dear George

Thanks for the reply

So the conclusion is we can use the CUP PAK twice once with CUP MAC and  once with CUCM MAC.

Thanks

Experts

Anybody can confirm to me. the above thoughts are correct.

Thanks

Hello Experts,

Awaiting your replies.

Thanks

Dear's

what a strange

Nobody is answering me this means Nobody Installed Presence with vald PAK

Sorry for the delay, yes we can use PAKs till all licenses have been used up.

Thanks Buddy,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: