Views
Helpful
Replies

Degraded Raid 7845I3

Tony
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm attempting to stand up a new cluster and was running into issues with some critical services starting, after some research it appears that 2 of 4 HDD's are in a degraded state. 

HDD 2 and 3 are showing 'Firmware State: Unconfigured(good), Spun Up'

HDD 1 and 4 are showing 'Firmware State: Online'

When entering the CLI it informs me that the database is in a read-only state and needs the recovery CD's to check for errors.  The only problem here is these servers were built and configured by someone else and are physically located in another country. 

This version is running UCM 8.6.2

Any suggestions where to start?

Thanks in advance!

2 Replies 2

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Tony

Alas, you'll probably need to boot the system off the afore mentioned recovery CD, which can attempt to diagnose and fix *some* errors. I'm not very hopeful in this instance however as this situation sound quite severe.

The recovery CD can be downloaded from Cisco's web site if you have sufficient access rights (basically you need an appropriate Smartnet contract aligned to your CCO account).

The recovery CD needs to be run from the local console - however you can do it via IMM as long as you have it configured obviously.

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions.

Thanks Barry.. this has been my fear.  I was hoping to try some basic troubleshooting first to see if it would resolve the issue.  Appreciate the input, thankfully this isn't in production yet!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: