Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay to progress a calls

Nima3030
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
We are currently experiencing a problem with our calls, day before everything was working fine and it happend sudenly!
CUCM V.14.0.1.12900-161

There is a delay of at least 20 seconds before the calls, whether internal or internal to external calls. Incoming call form outside are fine.
Can't find any error on RTMT excpt on on IM&P "CallProcessinhNodeCpuPegging.
Can you please advise?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Where is the delay happening? After dialing the last digit and before the first ringing?
If yes, then you probably have to wait the default 15s of the T302 timer, because you have overlapping patterns (TP, RP, ...) + possible delay of the connection establishment.
What's the setting for the T302 timer in the service parameter for the callmanager service?

View solution in original post

I agree with @b.winter that you likely are running into post-dial delay due to an overlapping pattern. In your post you say that this happened suddenly. Take a look at anything you configured (DN, Route Pattern, Translation Pattern, etc.) that day to see if there is a misconfiguration.

For instance, suppose you have a route pattern 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX, but decided to add the ability for folks to dial a 7-digit number and were prefixing an area code using a translation pattern of 9.[2-9]XXXXXX. In this case, once you dial 9-555-1212 (for instance), you would be matching both patterns but the first one is longer causing CUCM to wait to see if you were going to dial more digits. It waits for 15 second by default. 

I've seen folks create a pattern with an 'extra X' at the end, causing the same sort of problem. You can use the Route Plan Report to view all configured numbers/patterns to see if this is the case.

Maren

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Nima3030
Level 1
Level 1

Here is a digram log from my calls, if that helps!

Call.JPG

Hi,

Try using dna if you find any overlapping RP.

Please attach sdl trace if you can.

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Look in the SDL logs to see what happens.

Response Signature

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Where is the delay happening? After dialing the last digit and before the first ringing?
If yes, then you probably have to wait the default 15s of the T302 timer, because you have overlapping patterns (TP, RP, ...) + possible delay of the connection establishment.
What's the setting for the T302 timer in the service parameter for the callmanager service?

I agree with @b.winter that you likely are running into post-dial delay due to an overlapping pattern. In your post you say that this happened suddenly. Take a look at anything you configured (DN, Route Pattern, Translation Pattern, etc.) that day to see if there is a misconfiguration.

For instance, suppose you have a route pattern 9.[2-9]XX[2-9]XXXXXX, but decided to add the ability for folks to dial a 7-digit number and were prefixing an area code using a translation pattern of 9.[2-9]XXXXXX. In this case, once you dial 9-555-1212 (for instance), you would be matching both patterns but the first one is longer causing CUCM to wait to see if you were going to dial more digits. It waits for 15 second by default. 

I've seen folks create a pattern with an 'extra X' at the end, causing the same sort of problem. You can use the Route Plan Report to view all configured numbers/patterns to see if this is the case.

Maren