Views
Helpful
Replies

delete audio in pstn calls

juan.mejia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

Can any one tell if is possible to delete audio from a pstn incoming call.

It can be the next escenario:

A incoming call from pstn is being transferred to an extension.

Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Why is this requirement to remove audio during transfer ? During a transfer there would be either ring back or MOH or dead air (which is not desired by 99.999999 % deployments).

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

Could you be more specific ? Whats deleting audio for incoming ?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

If the call is transfer to extension the end user will not hear nothing.

That is the first time i hear about such a request... so we are thinking of creating a problem with audio for specific extensions...

So let me know if this extension you want it to hear no audio at all for incoming calls or just specific numbers ?

incoming call only.

I have a configuration all ready to do that, the problem is no all switches in my lan accept the access-list.

model:

WS-C3650-48PD

WS-C3650-24

accept the acces-list 

model:

WS-C3560C-12PC-S

IE-3000-4TC

this model doesn´t accept it

Here is the acces-list and port configuration to do it:

Switch:

Extended IP access list TEL
10 deny ip host 10.x.x.x any ------------ this ip is my pstn gateway.
 20 permit ip any any

Interface:

switchport mode access
switchport voice vlan x
switchport port-security maximum x
switchport port-security mac-address sticky
switchport port-security mac-address sticky 44ad.xxxx.xxxx vlan voice
switchport port-security
ip access-group TEL out --------- this is the problem in 12pc switches a ie3000 they don´t accept it
snmp trap mac-notification change added
storm-control broadcast level 10.00
storm-control action trap
spanning-tree portfast
end

when i apply this configuration to a interface with a ip phone the user can´t hear the pstn incoming audio but all local extension work fine.

regards

Why is this requirement to remove audio during transfer ? During a transfer there would be either ring back or MOH or dead air (which is not desired by 99.999999 % deployments).

The problem start it when i need to cut off all transfer call from pstn to a different extension i have 400 extension 40 with permission to call pstn call the 360 extensions left doesnt.

The problem start when some user start calling and they transfer call to a diferent extensions ,and we have and other building with 50 pstn and 500 local, all this is a lot of call manager work.

The call will never switch back to the original extension because they make a personal call from a user they transfer the call and the end user pick up the call.

at this point we can stop the transfer call because we do not have a collaboration enginier to manage our system and start implimenting all new configuration for our problem.

With this we pretend to have a end user report of troubleshooting call and we can start detecting who and when is doing this in our system.

There can be a lot of new way to start resolving this problem i start with this, for me is the most easy way to start ending this practice because if you can hear nothing when the call is transfer to the extension they will need to ask for it. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: