Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialed Number Analyzer and Call Pickup Groups

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CUCM 12.5 system where a Call Pickup Group is not working as it should. I have checked the CSS and Partition setup and all phones are assigned CSS's which have access to the Partition containing the pickup number.

However when I use Dialed Number Analyzer to try to verify this I get a BlockThisPattern result.

I must admit that I have never tried testing access to pickup groups using DNA but would have expected to work. I don't currently have access to another CUCM to test and was hoping that someone could check it for me (or confirm that it should/should not work)>

4 Replies 4

James--  I'd be willing to try testing this.  How exactly, in DNA, are you testing?

Hi, sorry for not replying sooner - I have been away.

I am selecting a phone whose directory number is in the pickup group and testing whether it can call the number assigned to the call pickup group.

James,

I get the same results when entering the Call Pickup Group Number.  The line's CSS has the partition that the number is assigned too.  Hopefully this helps--- my guess is the number, since it is configured as a "Call Pickup Group Number", isn't dialable.

Stuart

JamesHawkins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for testing this for me. I think that DNA is not the best tool for testing pickup groups.

I am convinced that the config is correct. The CUCM servers are replicating properly and in traces I can see SIP refer messages to the other phone in the pickup group.

I think I will try restarting the CallManager service to see if that fixes it.

Thanks again for testing it on your cluster.