Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialed Number Conferencing

I am trying to figure out a way when a user dials a number say 911 it will automatically do a conference and dial another number to conference our security console onto the call as well.

Would CUCM even be able to do this? Or would we need Emergency Responder or another app. 

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, CUCM cannot do that, I'm not entirely sure if CER would be able to do that, I believe it only sends a notification, but I'll let others comment on that.

Cisco Meeting Server in the latest releases does have the ability to perform blast dial

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/conferencing/meeting-management/217203-how-to-configure-blast-dial-for-cms-spac.html

I know there are a lot of regulations around 911 in the US, if you haven't, I'd suggest you discuss this with legal and the security forces to make sure this doesn't break any laws or causes any issues with the service.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CER can’t do that either. RedSky E911 Anywhere will do that with their Enhanced Notification add-on SKU (and record the call for 30 days); most folks are going that route because of RAY BAUM’S. You can also look at Singlewire CallAware but I believe it triggers an alert and records, not conferences in.

PTS
Spotlight
Spotlight

Your requirement can be achieved by a custom developed 3rd party application.

You can write to info@parsec-tech.com with your requirement for further details