Views
Helpful
Replies

Dialling Numbers not in numbering plan

GRANT3779
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi All,

I have found that users are unable to dial certain UK mobile numbers which begin 073.

In the past we have added specific route patterns for these and they worked.

I tried adding the following route pattern pointing to the relevant GW etc..

9.073XXXXXXXX

I also tried adding a RP for the actual whole number, again didn't work.

When dialing however, as soon i press number 3 I get the message "your number could not be completed as dialled, please consult your directory...." This is played by the CUCM I believe.

Am I missing something?

CUCM version 9.1.2

Thanks

12 Replies 12

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The message appears to be caused by a CSS / partition issue. Please check the Route plan report under Call routing and look for any overlapping dial patterns that are being used or are in unassigned state.

Check the DNA or callmanager service trace to see if the correct route pattern is being invoked.

Manish

Hi Manish,

Checked route plan report and the only entry is the one I just created pointing to my RL.

I done a DNA and got the following -

DNA Analysis Output

• Match Result = BlockThisPattern
    • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number

In that case you should run a debug on the gateway , "debug voice ccapi inout" or "debug ccsip messages" or "debug isdn q931" depending on whether the gateway is h323, SIP or MGCP. It appears that your service provider might be rejecting the call or the gateway config might be wrong. Do share the running config of the gateway as well.

HTH

Manish

I ran the above on our Cube but the call is not getting as far as the actual GW. My dialed digits are getting stopped as soon as I press 9073 (on speaker phone) so i would say the problem lies on the CUCM itself. Very strange.

You can gather detailed call manager service trace for a test call, it will show which route pattern is being selected and if there are any overlaps.

Manish

Thanks Manish,

Do you have a link handy or info on how to do this. Not a feature I have used yet.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

Thanks Manish, going through that just now. Once I have followed the procedure, do I need to then "turn off" what I have done as can't see anything about then reverting everything back.

Or once I have my traces, just leave things as is?

The trace files have a specific amount of disk space allotted after which they get overwritten automatically. Its not a bad idea to leave them on as you may run into an issue anytime and if the traces are not enabled then RCA would not be possible.

Manish

Got the files downloaded but do I need certain app to view? They have come as

.txt.gz

Tried opening as txt file, but not readable.

That is because they're compressed. I use the application extract now. Tell it to extract recursively.

---------------------------
Please rate helpful content (i.e. videos, documents, comments). Also, please select the correct answer(s) if any comment(s) answer your question otherwise the questions remains on the support forums as unanswered
---------------------------

As a side note. Gathering traces, extracting them, and reading them are things I intend to discuss in a video series I am working on.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/13019091/how-i-read-callmanager-service-traces-video-series