cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DID to extension

scott.leonard
Level 1
Level 1

How does CUCM map incoming 10 digit calls from PSTN to the 5 digit extensions in CUCM? I have searched but cannot find how my Call Manager does this. There are no transformation patterns or translation patterns in CUCM or configuration on my MGCP gateway that I can see that might do this.

PSTN > MGCP Gateway > CUCM

5 digit extensions map to last 5 digits of DID. e.g - 555-555-1234 maps to 51234

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely because your telco is delivering you 5 digits, debug your GW to confirm that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

also check the what exactly digit being sent from provider if its 10 digit then check significant digit configured on the GW?

if  you have PRI you can debug with debug isdn q931 to check called party number coming on GW and having said that you need to check the significant digit. either one of the reason which may configured.

Regards

Venky

P.S: Please rate all useful post.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Most likely because your telco is delivering you 5 digits, debug your GW to confirm that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Scott,

what exactly the issue you are facing? Is it searching for Dn in the CUCM DB ? can you please elaborate ?

Br,
nadeem

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

also check the what exactly digit being sent from provider if its 10 digit then check significant digit configured on the GW?

if  you have PRI you can debug with debug isdn q931 to check called party number coming on GW and having said that you need to check the significant digit. either one of the reason which may configured.

Regards

Venky

P.S: Please rate all useful post.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What you are asking is how to strip digits from whatever your telco offers to your local 5 digit number plan.

there is heaps of ways of achieving that. lets work from your example. the fact that you are not using E164 means you will need to use a translation pattern.

under your mgcp gateways config in cucm, under call routing information-inbound calls, configure a Calling search space that contains a partion in which you stick a translation pattern  to translate 555555XXXX  to called number 5XXX

that should do it.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

scott.leonard
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the replys all. To be clear, We are not having any issue with this. It was configured by the 3rd party installer many years ago and is working just fine. We just want to know how it works.

We were working on setting up another feature when the question of where this was configured on our system came up and we could not answer it. We don't like questions we can't answer so... many hours of googling and rummaging about in our Call Manager later... we still couldn't answer it. Hence, my post here.

That being said, we followed the advice from venperum and Jaime and got the output from debug isdn q931 and found that our telco is doing the digit stripping for us and that's why we couldn't find the answer in our Call Manager or gateway config.

Thanks again all.