cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Differentiating 2 ext on one desktop phone.

kmccollum
Level 1
Level 1

An employee has a primary and secondary DN that's associated to one phone.  I need the secondary DN to have a unique display when a caller dials it so my employee can differentiate between the calls.  I tried Alerting Name and realized that is for callers who call my employee.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First, are you using CUCM or CUCM Express?

If it is CUCM, then the two numbers will appear on two different buttons on the phone (which should be easy to distinguish) and each can be set with a different ringtone to help.

If you are using CUCM Express and you have an overlay number (where two different numbers are ringing on the same physical button), then as far as I know there is no way to have the user of that phone distinguish which number is called at that moment. It is one of the limitations of overlay numbers in CUCM Express. 

Maren

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

First, are you using CUCM or CUCM Express?

If it is CUCM, then the two numbers will appear on two different buttons on the phone (which should be easy to distinguish) and each can be set with a different ringtone to help.

If you are using CUCM Express and you have an overlay number (where two different numbers are ringing on the same physical button), then as far as I know there is no way to have the user of that phone distinguish which number is called at that moment. It is one of the limitations of overlay numbers in CUCM Express. 

Maren