cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directed DID Calls via Translation pattern to Routepoint-JTAPI Events

royp1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a JTAPI application that needs to record the called party's DID numbers for the Incoming Calls. 

Incoming Calls to 11 digit DID over SIP trunk get directed to an internal 4 digit DN on a CTI Routepoint via Translation pattern with Called Party Transform Mask to the 4 digit DN (there is a many to 1 mapping between 11 digit DID and 4 digit DN)

CTIRoutepoint is registered and JTAPI Observers are added for the CTI Routepoint. The incoming call events are received by the JTAPI observer and the called party shown is the internal 4 digit DN.

I have tried Translation Pattern and Presentation Indication getCalledAddressPI and getCurrentCalledAddressPi interfaces but they give only the DN and not the DID dialled.

Is there any way / API to to get the original called 11 digit DID number (pre-translation) when the call arrives?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation Patterns start a new call ID internally which wipes out all history of the calling/called party number. Your CTIRP DN needs to be the original DID - and wildcards are supported on it BTW. Either use your JTAPI app to redirect to the appropriate four-digit DN or place the Translation Pattern downstream/after the CTIRP.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Translation Patterns start a new call ID internally which wipes out all history of the calling/called party number. Your CTIRP DN needs to be the original DID - and wildcards are supported on it BTW. Either use your JTAPI app to redirect to the appropriate four-digit DN or place the Translation Pattern downstream/after the CTIRP.

Thank you Jonathan for explaining the internals of the translation process, much appreciated. 

I had tried the CTIRP DN option in our cisco lab and was getting the DID information in this case. However, the setup of this system is not in our control in this particular case - but I can now go go back with more confidence to see if it can be changed to the latter option.