cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster recovery CUCM and IM&P 10.5.2

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just seeing if I anyone can sanity check this.

I noticed the other day on my IM&P servers that my last successful backup was 132 days ago. Now on my CUCM I do daily backups during week days, backup UCM, CDR_CAR and IMP_AND_PRESENCE and I can see all 3 are backed up OK to my remote destination.

To me this sounds like my IM&Pservers are backed up through the CUCM's disaster recovery master  agent and not though the backup schedule on the IM&P servers themselves. 

It would also sound to me that I should be able to recover my IM&P servers, through the backups made by CUCM.

I can't seem to find a straight forward answer in the Disaster recovery Guide either.

can anyone shed some light on this?  Much appreciated

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dennis, your understanding is absolutely correct regarding this. IM&P should be connecting to the DRF Master on the CUCM pub for the DRS mechanism only as it does not have its own DRF Master starting version 10.x when it is added as a Subscriber to the CM cluster.

Infact there was a below known defect for an issue wherein IM&P will not appear while taking the DRS backup from CUCM publisher:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus64888/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dennis, your understanding is absolutely correct regarding this. IM&P should be connecting to the DRF Master on the CUCM pub for the DRS mechanism only as it does not have its own DRF Master starting version 10.x when it is added as a Subscriber to the CM cluster.

Infact there was a below known defect for an issue wherein IM&P will not appear while taking the DRS backup from CUCM publisher:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus64888/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Regards

Deepak

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: