Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Display Number of who is calling me from External

Cisco Call Manager 9

When we receive phone calls from an External source, they only display as External on the internal phones (7940/7911s). Some have a slightly different ringtone which I am not sure why. I have only just taken over this system but I have been asked to see if there is any way of changing the display on the internal phones so it can show the number who is actually calling. This way we are not just guessing who is calling us.

cheers

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the trunk type that the calls arrive on? Is it PRI, SIP trunk, POTS line, T1/E1-CAS? Depending on the answer we can provide proper debug steps to see if the call actually arrives with ANI, name to you from telco.

hmm, We have an ISDN30 if that is any help. How can I ascertain the information you need to know.

I will assume ISDN30 is a PRI. If so, please provide "debug isdn q931" from the voice gateway while making the call to it.

right, I cannot access the VG as we do not have the credentials. The previous admin has left us and there is no way of getting them. Is it now a dead end until the password issue is sorted.

The debug would really help to see exactly what is coming in and what may be happening. Have you tried going into rommon mode and conduct a password recovery from there? You would have to do this during after-hours and be careful that way you don't lose your configuration.