Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Divide E1 channels for CUCM 8.5

Hi Everyone. I am using Cisco CUCM v8.5 with C2951 router for voice gateway and E1 line. For now we need to configure fax server on our company network. So i have to configure some of E1 channels for fax server, and some of the channels will be used for CUCM. Also CUCM channels must be divided into 2 different groups. Is that possible to create 2 PRI groups on 1 E1 line? Or is there any way to split 1 PRI-group to 2 trunk-groups? And if possible, how do i configure this as the gateway on CUCM server. Please help on E1 line configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes this can be done, by means of trunk groups:

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-30

trunk-group FAX timeslots 1-15

trunk-group PHONES timeslots 17-30

The question is though you have no control over how your Telco addresses your channels for inbound calls.

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes this can be done, by means of trunk groups:

controller E1 0/0/0

pri-group timeslots 1-30

trunk-group FAX timeslots 1-15

trunk-group PHONES timeslots 17-30

The question is though you have no control over how your Telco addresses your channels for inbound calls.

Hi Minkdennis,

Thanks for your quick response. But we want to divide PHONES group to another 2 different groups.Is that possible? And how can i configure it? Also I can configure gateway on the CUCM. But i just confused on how to configure 17-30th channel on the server as a gateway. Could you please describe it. Thank you.

Hi,

If u have a pool of DID numbers , then u can configure one of the number for receiving faxes not channel.

As rightly said, CUCM cannot control channel for receiving calls.

regds,

aman

Hi Amanso,

Yes your right, CUCM cannot control incoming calls. But we already disscussed with the Telco and arranged which channel numbers used for which kind of numbers. So all i need to do is divide the E1 channels for 3 different groups (2 for voice, 1 for fax) on voice gateway router and configure the E1 channels as a seperate gateways for CUCM. Do you understand what i mean?

Hi,

You can have separate dial-peers configured on GW  if u have a DID facility and match the incoming called-number with DID number .

regds,

aman

Ayushjav,

There are two parts to a solution like this. The first art is what Mike has identified. Using trunk groups you can divide your e1 timeslots.

The second part is identifying which caller will use which timeslot. For this you will need a combination of digit prexing and dial-peer matching...

Phones for timeslot 17-30

Create a partition in cucm eg PT_Phones-Pri17

Configure a route-list, eg RL_PRI17..assign a route group to that route list and on the route group, uder prefix digits (use some digits of your choosing eg 151)

Now configure a route pattern, assign the partition created above to the partition. Then ensure the PSTN_CSS for the phones that will use time slot 17-30 has access to this partition.

The logic to this is that when these phones dial out, their calls will be prefixed with 151...

Next on your gateway you will configure a dial-peer that will match dialled number with 151

eg dial-peer voice 1 pots

destination-pattern 151T

trunk-group PHONES

With this config, all calls from these phones will use the trunk group Phones which has channels 17-30 assigned.

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts