Replies

Do I need CME-UL for ISR4321

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I have this bundle of router:

CISCO ISR4321-V/K9 Cisco ISR 4321 Bundle, w/UC License

I want to connect it with my FXO line to call outside. Do I need to buy CME-UL and PVDM4 card?

I want to call local network and outside calls.

Thanks,

9 Replies 9

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes to both.  The ISR4321-V/K9 voice bundle includes to basic UC Feature Set but it doesn't include CME licensing or PVDMs.

The bundle has UC License is it enough for 18 IP phones from CP-8845 model or need to buy another licenses?

For 18 phone you need 18 of the CME-UL.

Cme-ul is required for you to register the phones. You need to order it correspond to number of phones you are going to register. 

8911D256-A0E1-4F95-ACB3-72703A486C80.png

Uc pak enable voice features and it comes with the router part number which u mentioned.

Regarding PVDM, use dsp calculator to find out the dsp required. you can access it from below link.(Cco login required)
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applications/dsp-calc.html

Response Signature

If you have a card with FXO ports in your router it contains the needed DSP resources already. Any analog card on the 4K series has its own DSP built in on the card, so for that there should be no need for a PVDM DSP card.

Response Signature

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

I heard that the CME-UL one license is enough to work for 50 IP phones in ISR4321-V/k9 with UC License included. I am really confused.

I think you may be confused with the earlier licensing models where you had a CME licence for the platform, then a "Station Licence" for each handset.

The description of the part CME-UL is reasonably self explanatory, "Cisco Communications Manager Express - License - 1 User".   Can you confirm where you saw anything suggesting that it's actually a licence for 50 users?

mohammad saeed
Level 5
Level 5

So for new License ISR CME need to buy cme-ul for every IP phone?

As the description says “Endpoint license” so yes you’d need one per phone.

Response Signature