cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does migration to CUCM 8.6 to 9.1 requires aditional Money?

Hi pals!

We just completed migration to CUCM 8.6 a year ago, we are now (we want to) moving to 9.1, we have a question, if it requires aditional money $$$$ (license), por for upgrade or just a minor patch.

Also.

Does it also requires CUC 9.1?

Does it also requires CUPS 9.1 too?

I just read the quick guide to migration and I have a loot of questions, my Cisco Parthner is really busy right now with another projects, so I Think i just get the point of this topic.

another BIG question.

When will version 10 be releaded (more less)?

I would better wait for version 10 instead version 9.1

Can you provide some interesting links?

I appreciate your time for your response, and I thank to you in advance.

regads.

john.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

John

You don't need to pay any money for any major CUCM upgrade as long as you have active UCSS on it.  If as part of the migration to version 8.6 you purchased UCSS you are covered, otherwise you will need to pay for every major upgrade.

If you did buy UCSS then you can simply request the upgrade vie the PUT upgrade portal.

HTH,

Chris

Yes, CUPS needs to be upgrades as a mandatory step to IM&P on the same revision level as CUCM.

CUC you can leave it if you like, that one has no direct dependecies to CUCM or IM&P.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi John,

In addition to information provided by Mr. Chris and Jaime[+5] , you would be requiring Essential Service Operate[ESW] contract as well .

regds,

aman