cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the huntstop command work under dial-peer?

Yosse Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a router configured with a dedicated long distance PRI (s0/1/0) and a local PRI (0/0/0).  The LD PRI will only handle long distance calls, no local and no toll free.  When the local PRI is not available (down or all channels busy), calls to toll free numbers are hunting to the long distance dial-peer and attempting to complete via the LD PRI.  The "huntstop" command does not seem to be working  as I understand it. 

If I dialed 918005551212 it matches dial-peer 8 and goes out via port 0/0/0.  If that PRI is down, it matches dial-peer 5 and goes out via port 0/1/0.

What am I missing?

!        
dial-peer voice 5 pots
description *** Outgoing Long Distance ***
destination-pattern 91[2-9]..[2-9]......
port 0/1/0:23
forward-digits 11
!
dial-peer voice 8 pots
huntstop
description *** Outgoing Toll Free 800 ***
destination-pattern 91800[2-9]......
port 0/0/0:23
forward-digits 11
!

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yosse Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I did some more troubleshooting working with TAC and came to the following conclusion.  When the PRI is down the dial-peer that references it is also down.  So in my example above, a call coming to the router does not get matched dial-peer 8, so all commands in that dial-peer (including huntstop) get ignored.  The next best matching dial-peer is used instead .

The behavior is different if all channels on the PRI are busy.  In that case, the dial-peer is up and the huntstop command is in effect.

Thanks all for the suggestions,

Yosse

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It should work, I have never tried it, but according to documentation it should work as expected.  What IOS version are you using, perhaps a bug?

Chris

Ignore my last post..It should work. I have recently configured this for voip dial-peer and it worked as expected..

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

I'm using IOS v15.0(1)M6.  I have tested it on a couple of routers and it does not seem to work.  The call is attempted on the LD PRI, with the telco rejecting it after a number of seconds.  This is creating an issue because the call never makes it back to UCM to try the next gateway on the route list.

That's an old and .0 release, I would recommend going to either 15.1.4M (latest), 15.2.4M (latest) or 15.3.

Chris

Kevin Monteiro
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Yosse,

I happened to check the same and it worked.

Doesnt seem to causing a problem. The "huntstop" command disables the hunting porcess.

huntstop

Indicates whether dial-peer hunting is turned on, by using the huntstop command, for this dial peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_s05_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html

I believe you must have not set the dial-peer hunt,below is the example that is how huntstop works:

Telco(config)#dial-peer  hunt ?

<0-7>  Dial-peer hunting choices, listed in hunting order within each choice:

0 - Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, random selection.

1 - Longest match in phone number, explicit preference, least recent use.

2 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, random selection.

3 - Explicit preference, longest match in phone number, least recent use.

4 - Least recent use, longest match in phone number, explicit preference.

5 - Least recent use, explicit preference, longest match in phone number.

6 - Random selection.

7 - Least recent use.

Telco(config)#dial-peer  hunt

Kindly rate the post accordinly.

Regards,

Kevin

Yosse Lopez
Level 1
Level 1

I did some more troubleshooting working with TAC and came to the following conclusion.  When the PRI is down the dial-peer that references it is also down.  So in my example above, a call coming to the router does not get matched dial-peer 8, so all commands in that dial-peer (including huntstop) get ignored.  The next best matching dial-peer is used instead .

The behavior is different if all channels on the PRI are busy.  In that case, the dial-peer is up and the huntstop command is in effect.

Thanks all for the suggestions,

Yosse

Yosse,

Excellent information and I had no idea thats how it works but now I know. Thanks for posting back.

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Perhaps using trunk group rather than specific port would provide more desired outcome.

Chris