cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRS backup without subscriber.

tetsuo.kawakami
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I would like to take the customer's cucm DRS backup data to restore it into my lab system.

The customer does not allow me to connect my PC running SFTP server to their network, due to security control.

But they say ok if I connect the PC to the publisher directry after removing the publisher from network and the subscribers.

Can I take the backup correctly without problems for the customer's phone system?

Also after backing the publisher to network?

Thank you for your advice.

Kawakami from Japan.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You can't select to just backup one node. You backup the whole cluster. If you pull the master off the network and try to back it up, the backup will hang (or crash out) as it can't access the Subs.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

View solution in original post

Yes, that should work.

GTG

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kawakami,

BAT can help you if you dont want to take screen captures. Take a BAT export of phones , rp's tp's etc.

Regards

Niket

7 Replies 7

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

You can't select to just backup one node. You backup the whole cluster. If you pull the master off the network and try to back it up, the backup will hang (or crash out) as it can't access the Subs.

GTG

Ross-san,

Thank you for your quick answer. Then it seem to have to write it down into my notebook.

Any way I appreciate your cooperation.

Regards,

Kawakami from Japan.

tetsuo.kawakami
Level 1
Level 1

Ross-san,

May I beg your another advice?

Can I complete it without problem if I take screen captures for cucm adminisrations instead of DRS backup, connecting PC directly to the publisher removed out of network?

Regards,

Kawakami

Yes, that should work.

GTG

Ross-san,

Thank you for your quick answer again. I understood.

Best regards,

Kawakami

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Kawakami,

BAT can help you if you dont want to take screen captures. Take a BAT export of phones , rp's tp's etc.

Regards

Niket

Hi Niket-san, Thank you for the advice. The customer's cucm is 5.1. So I think I can run BAT for phone and user records and take screen captures for the other information. Anyway your supplementary advice would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Kawakami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: