Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF on Speed Dial - CUCM version 12

Jonathan Galvez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

my customer wants to open a door just pressing a Speed Dial, pressing the code on the phone panel already works. I know on old versions was not possible but maybe someone knows a workaround which works.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, then the answer is NO, speed dials cannot be used while on a call to be used as DTMFs.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want a speed dial which dials a certain number, and then sends DTMFs, google the title of your post, and you'll get the info you're looking for.

HTH

java

Create a speed dial with "<destination number>,<dtmf digit to send>". The comma is intentional in the speed dial string, it creates a 2 second pause before sending the DTMF. For mor information have a look at this document, https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/12_5_1SU1/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco1251SU1/cucm_b_feature-configuration-guide-for-cisco1251SU1_chapter_010101.html

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply, I do not want to call using DTMF, I was not clear enough :)

My customer receive a call from a Interphone and they need to press a code with the panel to open the door. They asked me, if we could send this code via SD.
It is like a phone receive a call from the interphone and to open the door the person only need to press a button on the phone against press the whole code on the panel.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Jonathan

OK, then the answer is NO, speed dials cannot be used while on a call to be used as DTMFs.

HTH

java