cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF problems

shane.oconnell
Level 1
Level 1

I am getting mix reports of users with 7900 series phones that call  an outside auto attendant (not unity, another business over PSTN) and  are unable to navigate the DTMF menu. Example press 1 for operator and it is not responding. The problem is intermittent so it cannot be recreated easily.

I am using MGCP on my gateway and I  have "mgcp dtmf-relay voip codec all mode out-of-band" specified on the  gateway as well.

I have also referenced the following bugs:

CSCso87127 - Gateway version of code. I am using Software (C3900e-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.1(1)T2, R but I am unsure of whether this version is affected?

CSCsv04751 - Phone firmware load. Phones are currently on version SCCP42.9-0-3S which I beleive is not affected.

Would appreciate any advice in particular if the version of code on my gateway above is affected?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Not much help for you, but a voicemail/Auto Attendant we bought for our CUCM cluster required some settings tweaking to allow it to work better with CUCM. The problem was that CUCM's DTMF tones can be too short for people who are quick on the buttons.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi,

The issue is with a IVR system that is not controlled by us and I dont know what technology it uses as its an external company.

I just need to try to figure out if there is something on my end that I can tweak as the issue is intermittent.

Can anyone know or confirm if the above version of code is affected by the bug above before I open a TAC case for advice?