cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dumb 7970 Question

donjohnson911
Level 1
Level 1

This question I'm sure is going to come off as completely retarded, but what the heck.

Do you guys suppose that I could do much physical damage to the phone by unplugging it and plugging it back in a few times per day while I'm still in the process of configuring it? I just got this thing, and I'm loving it btw.. it's an incredible phone, but I'm not sure how to properly shut it down when I want to get new config information. Is there a better way than unplugging it to do a restart?

The main reason I ask is because before getting this one brand new, I stupidly ordered one off eBay that was used in hopes for a good experience. Which actually came out to be a nightmare. The phone worked but the backlight on the screen was dead, and basically I'm just scared that my style of rebooting might cause a problem like this, among others.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi donjohnson911

you can do reset to your phone without unplugging and plugging its cable, here u go,

simply press settings button, then press (*) twice, then (#) once, then (*) twice.

:) funny action, isn't it? :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Majdi Harb
Level 3
Level 3

hi donjohnson911

you can do reset to your phone without unplugging and plugging its cable, here u go,

simply press settings button, then press (*) twice, then (#) once, then (*) twice.

:) funny action, isn't it? :)

Haha, great. Thanks so much!