Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E1 R2 Modified

Hi,

My customer have a plan to move their PSTN line form Siemen PBX to Cisco Router 2911 (VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1).

They said that they're using E1 R2 but the signaling has 2 directions, for incoming call from PSTN they used E1 R2 MFC signaling,

for outgoing call used E1 R2 DTMF (used only 1 E1 card). They call it E1 R2 Modified.

Is that possible to configure this in Cisco E1 card?

when they said E1 R2 MFC i'm not sure does it means forward and backward signal or not?

Regards,

Tinnakorn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need two ds0-group with differnet options. One will have DTMF, the other will not. One will be used for incoming, the other for outgoing. For more details you best options is to engage an expert, E1 R2 is not an easy configuration.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, it is possible to do that with E1 R2 and Cisco.

However if you want 100% success chances, get ISDN PRI from telco.

Hi Paolo,

Thank you for your answer.

May I ask you for more detail. In the configuration I didn't see how to control the direction of call signaling.

As I said I need incoming call signaling=MFC and outgoing=DTMF. I'm not sure the command.

controller e1 0/0/0

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital dtmf  -------> Outgoing = DTMF, Incoming = ????

controller e1 0/0/0

ds0-group 0 timeslots 1-15,17-31 type r2-digital r2-compelled ani -----> Outgoing = MFC, Incoming = ???

Regards,

Tinnakorn

You need two ds0-group with differnet options. One will have DTMF, the other will not. One will be used for incoming, the other for outgoing. For more details you best options is to engage an expert, E1 R2 is not an easy configuration.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Hi Paolo,

Today I talked with operator, they said that in every channels I have to separate the signaling type

incoming = MFC and outgoing = DTMF.

But in Cisco router, the only way to do is separate ds0-group for incoming and outgoing which mean if

I configure channel 1-15 for MFC and 17-31 for DTMF, I have only 15 channels for incoming and 15 channels for outgoing.

Both customer and operator do not accept that.

Any advice?

Regards,

Tinnakorn

DTMF is for outgoing only. Again, you need expertise to have this working. Otherwise get PRI.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: