Views
Helpful
Replies

Edit greeting Call test

usmanmaryam
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

While creating the new Greeting extension and after saving greeting audio file when i will create the call input as well and then i will test from Edit Greeting the error appear (Phone Not Answered).

Even i had set the extension in Translation pattern as well.

Best Regards,

US

8 Replies 8

Maybe it is just me, but I don’t understand one bit about what you ask about. Could you please elaborate and give a little better description of what your trying to achieve and what your issue is?

Response Signature

Les Pruden
Level 4
Level 4

I kind of sounds like a call handler that is then transferring to a number after caller input. 

If the transfer is not working check the Restriction tables in Unity Connection to ensure that you've allowed the required pattern. You might also need to check the CSS of the Unity SIP trunk or port to ensure that the correct partition is included.

Thank you for reply,

Actually My Agent greeting is not working, I had tried lots of option and check the article as well but still no luck. All setting is fine but i couldn't able to get the main issue where it is.

Also in CUCA in system call handler option, When we create a profile for welcome greeting and upload the audio for greeting purpose and make a test call option its shows a notification tab that (Phone not Answered). Please find the attached file for you better understanding.

I think once the phone able to ring and start agent greeting tone it will be fine.

Best Regards,

Usman Siddique

What you are trying is to record the greeting through phone by calling the number mentioned.

if you are trying to upload use the upload option.

I assume you are trying to configure Auto Attend using Unity connection.

the below video will help you.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=En18tN1pNMw

Response Signature

usmanmaryam
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys, 

Sorry for late response i was held to figure out rest of the configuration in CUCM.

I had tried so many different way but agent greeting is not working from internally or from outside as well. I had went through from some video available from cisco side but still no luck.

Our isdn number is ****0300

Our internal number range starting from 4100

What should i set the Number in call handler.

Also I need to set the number in DN & CTI Route? if yes already has done that. 

This is first time i'm working on call handler. So having very bad experience in this

If you want to use an internal number you can use internal extensions for Auto attend.  assume that your internal number is 4123 for auto attend., for calls to work from outside, you must translate the DID number to internal.

On CTI, the DN must be 4123 and call forward all to Voice mail must be checked on line. ON unity connection system call handler must have extensions 4123 assigned.

Response Signature

You’ll need to have something in CM that points the call for the specific extension number to CUC. For the most the common thing to use for this is a CTI RP with CFA set to VM. On the call handler in CUC you set the extension that you have on the CTI RP as the extension on the call handler. This should make the forwarded call match the call handler when the call hits the CUC.

A question, what do you mean by “agent greeting”? Agents are something that exists in contact centre solutions and from your outline that does not seem to be related to your system landscape.

Response Signature

usmanmaryam
Level 1
Level 1

I had change the CTI RP and set the extension which I want to be an operator number which is (4302). Then i had set the call handler manager also which the same  extension (4302) but when i will test the call it says call not answered.

kindly check my DID translation if i had done any mistake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: