Views
Helpful
Replies

EM Incoming Call

conie saga
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Im trying to configure Extension Mobility on CUCM 10.5.

Requirement is incoming call should work when user is logout.

To achieve this I have International_CSS in GW. ( attachment 05-GW.png)

Phone DN has Internal-Partition. (02-Phone DN) ( attachment 02-Phone-DN.png)

Device Profile DN has EM-Partition. (attachment 03-DeviceProfile.png)

Both partitions (Internal-Partition & EM Partition) are defined under International_CSS. (attachment 04-CSS.png)

Based on above configuration, it should work, but its not working. When user login than its working fine

Can any body advise whats the issue ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This works as designed, if there are 2 identical patterns in the dial plan then order of partitions in the CSS is used as you assumed, however if the first one is matched but the device is unregistered it will still attempt to route to it and follow "forward unregistered" setting, so with this design there is no way to send the call to the second partition. Your options to ring both is to either put them in the same partition or configure forward unregistered on the EM DN.

View solution in original post

Hi Conie,

Chris is correct [+5], my response was based on the assumption that the DN in the logged out profile is different. You can check Cisco recommendation in the following link which says "Cisco recommends avoiding the configuration of equally matching patterns in partitions that are part of the same calling search space or part of different calling search spaces that are configured on the same phone."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/accm-802-cm/a03ptcss.html#wp1020642

HTH

Manish

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Conie,

Can you share the Route plan report from the Publisher. Also, as a test try setting the partition for phone DN to None.

HTH

Manish

Hello Manish,

Following is the screen shot from route plan report.

I tried with non partition but it is still same.

Hi Conie,

Chris is correct [+5], my response was based on the assumption that the DN in the logged out profile is different. You can check Cisco recommendation in the following link which says "Cisco recommends avoiding the configuration of equally matching patterns in partitions that are part of the same calling search space or part of different calling search spaces that are configured on the same phone."

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_0_2/ccmsys/accm-802-cm/a03ptcss.html#wp1020642

HTH

Manish

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This works as designed, if there are 2 identical patterns in the dial plan then order of partitions in the CSS is used as you assumed, however if the first one is matched but the device is unregistered it will still attempt to route to it and follow "forward unregistered" setting, so with this design there is no way to send the call to the second partition. Your options to ring both is to either put them in the same partition or configure forward unregistered on the EM DN.

Hi Chris,

I can't put both DN's under same partitions because this way i wont be able to control CSS for DN & EM Profile (as same extension with same PT will be consider as one, and changes made under DN PT/CSS will apply in EM Profile PT/CSS as well. because of it associates with both DN + EM Profile  )

Second option as you suggested to configure forward unregistered in EM DN, this way call is going to Voice mail but incoming call is failing

Any alternate solution to enable incoming call & block outgoing when EM profile is log out ?

Regards,