cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder Not Recognizing Upgrade File

mclason01
Level 1
Level 1

I have never upgraded a node before, so I am trying to upgrade a lab CER. The current version is 10.5.1.20000-3. I am upgrading to 11. I downloaded the iso using PUT and am using an SFTP server to transfer it to CER. I go to OS Administration page > Software Upgrades >Install/Upgrade. I successfully connect to my SFTP server, but the file always comes up as an invalid upgrade option as shown in the screen capture.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The file that you are trying to use for upgrading CER to version 11.0 is a bootable ISO which is used for new installation of CER. Can you download the file UCSInstall_CER_11.0.1.10000-3.sgn.iso and attempt upgrading CER again?

Do you know what upgrade package that file is part of? I chose the guided method with PUT and the file I have been trying to use is what they gave me for upgrading from 10.X to 11.X. I attached a screenshot of my CER upgrade package options from the manual options. It does not say which file is in which package.

Never mind. I stopped using PUT and found the file in the download center. The server recognized the file and is installing.

I have another question. Will upgrading our production CER mess up our licensing? Is there anything I need to do as far as licensing is concerned before upgrading?