Views
Helpful
Replies

EoL phone replacement

Black_Hawk11
Level 1
Level 1

Team

I have an EU that is replacing is EoL series 7900 phones - with 8800 phones.

My issue is that his current phones that are on wall mounts are locked into the mount.

Do the new phones/wall mounts come with keys that will unlock the current phones?

Can I get keys for the old locks anywhere?

How can I get the phones removed from the mount?

3 Replies 3

luis_cordova
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @Black_Hawk11 

Do the new phones/wall mounts come with keys that will unlock the current phones?

I highly doubt they come with keys to unlock another wall mount, they should only include their own keys.

Can I get keys for the old locks anywhere?

I do not think there are spare parts for the keys of these wall mounts.

How can I get the phones removed from the mount?

If you no longer have the keys, you could buy a tubular lock pick to unlock the phones, perhaps on amazon or ebay.

Regards

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You might have to hunt the open market for a key, as per Figure 1 if this is your wall mount for 79XX
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/wallmount/english/install/guide/ippmount.html

88XX is a different bracket and suspect different key Fig 5

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7800-8800/english/accessories/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip/p881_b_accessorie-guide-for-cisco-ip_chapter_010.html

Someone else might have used these and explain better.

Thanks

ashish

Response Signature

The 88xx wall mount doesn't have a key lock but you will need two number 1 Phillips screwdrivers or an equivalent metal rod to press the two locking tabs in at the same time to release the phone from the mount. As to the 79xx locking wall mounts they all use the same barrel key. You could probably unlock the phone using the barrel of a BIC pen if you son't have access to the actual key.