Views
Helpful
Replies

ephone-hunt only showing AUX number in CDR output

shaun barrs
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer who has setup a 3rd party reporting software that collect's the CDR information outputted by CME and converts this into a nice readable format for reporting purposes.  However the issue he is seeing is when calls come into his ephone-hunt list the user who answers the call, their number shows as the Aux-number in the CDR output info with no mention of the DN.

I tried changing from an ephone-hunt to a voice hunt-group which resolved the issue of the outputted CDR information with the DN showing instead of the Aux-number.  However the users in the hunt-group use the DND feature which is not supported by Voice Hunt-Group's  so we have had to revert back to the ephone-hunt list.

Does anybody know of a way to get an ephone-hunt list to send the DN in the CDR info instead of the Aux-number? or a way around using the DND feature with a Voice Hunt-Group?

Thanks,

Shaun

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It sounds like this issue needs to be reported to the 3rd party reporting app vendor.

If the software is 'CME compatible' then it should support features like this, or be updated to do so.

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

I agree with you totally.  The customer has reported the issue to the 3rd party but they are fobbing him off saying it's the CME that's not sending the info correctly. I personally think it's a case that the info the CME sends when using the ephone-hunt cannot be changed to send DN instead of the Aux-number?  I know we can change certain Attributes but none of which I can see to change the Aux-number to DN.

Shaun

The vendor needs to take some responsibility - if CME is sending 'wrong' info they will be able to specify exactly what they are receiving, and what they expect to receive. With that you can confirm with Cisco whether their software is reading it incorrectly, whether there is a bug, or whether it's something configurable.

They should have a dev contract with Cisco, and if not you can raise a case with Cisco under your customer's support contract. You can only do that if you have the information you need...

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!