cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Establishing Emergency or Power-Fail Connections on the EM-HDA-6FXO expansion module

alemunmo81
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everybody

I need a help with regard to the following:

I have one EM-HDA-6FXO module installed on router Cisco 2951, and i need to establish power-fail connections in an emergency. The question is, how many analog phones can i connect on this module for use in case of an emergency??

I have understood that the answer is only one (1)  but what happens with the rest of ports FXO on the module??

Thanks in advanced.

Alexis

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alexis,

There are actually 2 Power Fail connections on the EM-HDA-6FXO

Establishing Emergency or Power-Fail Connections

During power failures or when router power is off, emergency voice connections can be made through power-fail ports on the EM-HDA-6FXO expansion module. The expansion module must be properly installed on the Cisco high-density extension module. (See the "Installing Expansion Modules on Cisco High-Density Extension Modules" section of the Cisco High-Density Analog and Digital Extension Module for Voice and Fax.)

To provide an emergency connection, connect an analog phone   using the port information listed in Table 1-3.

Note

Note:  There will not be a dial tone on port 15 or port 23 until the router is   powered down.

Table 1-3: Establishing Emergency Connections through   Cisco High-Density Extension Modules

Expansion Module Slot
Analog Phone Port
PSTN Port

EM0

Port 15 Tip/Ring

Port 13 Tip/Ring

EM1

Port 23 Tip/Ring

Port 21 Tip/Ring

http://www-tss.cisco.com/eservice/common/hardware/03cabling/router/mod3_nm_hiden_conn.html#anchor2

Cheers!

Rob