cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 won't finish upgrade

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

We have an EX60 that is new but it's been sitting around for a few years until just recently when we decided to use it.  It has TC6.1.1 installed as the software, but for some reason it won't finish upgrading to TC7.3.12.  I've tried loading the pkg file via the web interface and that doesn't complete either.  I know we should use the COP file for use with CUCM (which is how we'll be using it) and CUCM does try to upgrade it by sending the file to the EX60 and it acts normal for the upgrade but it will eventually get stuck on this part of the upgrade and not go any further:  "Running post-install hooks from installed package"

Any idea what's happening?  I also tried an older version (7.1) to see if it just wasn't able to update directly to the newest version and maybe it needed a newer version but not the very newest version before we can finally go to the newest version but that didn't work either and I don't see anything in the release notes that say if you're at version 6 you have to go to a specific version before finally going to the new TC7.3.12 version.

6 Replies 6

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

I may as well throw in one other question.  I have another new EX60 (never removed from the box until today) that can't connect to the touch pad.  I tried the touch pad on another working EX60 and it won't connect to that EX60 either.  The error message on the EX60's monitor is "Lost connection with control device".  I've seen another discussion here that mentioned how to reset the touch pad to the factory defaults, but the problem in my case is the little white exclamation point light at the bottom right of the touch pad is continuously lit, so it's not a case of me being able to press and hold that button and wait for it to light up and then press mute twice to reset it...because the light is on continuously from the time I plug it in and nothing ever shows on the display.   Is that touch pad just bad from the factory?

I just found this field notice and I will try version 6.3.4 to see if that solves the problem (upgrade and the touch pad problem).  If that works, then I think I won't have any trouble upgrading to version 7.  I'll see what happens...

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/639/fn63983.html

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would try to upgrade to 6.3 first. the the 7.1 and the 7.3. I have seen these sorts of issues on sx20;s well, and usually a more stepped upgrade sorts it, if not; raise a tac case

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Thanks.  I actually have 3 new EX60s that I'm trying to upgrade.  All of them were new in box and sitting for a long time.  
I was able to finally get one of them finished.  It was 6.1.1 and I updated it using the PKG file for 6.3.4.  After the reboot, the touch pad went missing like the other problem I mentioned, but unplugging it and plugging it back in solved that.  I did a factory reset on it and then when it popped up asking me if I want to register it to UCM, VCS, etc, I selected CUCM and once it got registered there, CUCM updated it with 7.3.12.   So that's one down and two more to go.

The other two accepted the 6.3.4 update and I can access them via the web interface.  The one that has always has the touch pad problem straight out of the box (EX60 says it can't connect to the control device) is still a problem and rebooting it and unplugging the touch pad and reconnecting hasn't solved that yet.  I'll keep looking at it later.  The other one is still in the process of rebooting so I'm not sure if that one will be successful, but at last it was working with 6.1.1 to start out with, so I'm hopeful about that one.  Although, it's been stuck on the 'Running post-install hooks from installed package' for quite awhile so I think it might fail.  I might have to pull the plug on that one and start over with a factory reset to see if that helps (because it was auto registered to CUCM).

sweet!

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

The two that never had the weird touch pad problem are working now on CUCM with TC version 7.3.12 (after manually upgrading them to 6.3.4 first, as mentioned in that field notice).  That other one I mentioned that has a touch pad with the lower right exclamation point light stuck on still doesn't work, but the EX60 it's connected to actually did update to 7.3.12 via CUCM (did everything via its web interface)...but the touch pad still won't work.  I'll have to keep playing around with that one in my spare time but if it never works, it's not the end of the world.  It was a freebie Cisco gave us in the past (they gave us a total of 4 of them).  Right now I have 3 working EX60s so that will suffice for now.