Views
Helpful
Replies

Exclude phone from pick up group alarms

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I have 3 phones in a pick up group with visual alarms configured, is it possible that I can exclude 2 of those phones from the alarms and just leave 1 with the possibility to "see" the calls and pick them up????

My scenario is one assistant and two managers and my only need is that the assistant can pick up the calls.

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

You are most welcome my friend

If it were me, I would always use a multi-button phone for the Admin/Assistant

and actually put "Shared" line appearances of the two manager phones on the

Assistant's phone. If that is not possible then you may have to go with Audio-only

Pickup notification so that the audio portion could be turned off for the managers phones.

Cheers!

Rob

"go easy...step lightly...stay free " 

- The Clash

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

Only the Audio notification can be turned on/off on a per device basis (see below)

the visual notification is an all or nothing setting per Pick up group

Call Pickup Notification

The Call Pickup Notification feature provides an audio or visual, or  both, notification on Cisco Unified IP Phones when other members of a  pickup group receive a call. Call Pickup Notification gets configured in  three configuration windows for three types of settings: system, call  pickup group, DN/phone.

Service  Parameters Configuration—The type of audio notification (beep or ring)  to be heard when a phone is idle or busy gets set from the Service  Parameters Configuration window. This setting becomes the system  default.

Call  Pickup Group Configuration—The type of notification for each call  pickup group gets configured from the Call Pickup Group Configuration  window in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration. In  addition to configuring the type of notification, you can configure the  time, in seconds, to delay the audio and visual alerts after the call  comes into that group. This allows the original called party a chance to  pick up the call prior to the audio and/or visual alert being sent to  the pickup group. See the "Call Pickup Group Configuration Settings" section.

To  configure whether the notification will be audio or visual, or both,  use the configuration settings in the Call Pickup Group Notification  Settings section of the Call Pickup Group Configuration window. The  notification gets sent only to the primary line of a device.

To  configure the visual notification on the Call Pickup Group  Configuration window, use the configuration settings in the Call  Information Display For Call Pickup Group Notification section. This  setting allows the administrator to have detailed calling party and/or  called party information in the notification message. The display will  contain the name of calling/called party if available. If not, the  number will display. The visual notification comprises a message on the  phone status line.

Directory  Number Configuration—This window provides fields where you can  configure the audio alert setting for each phone. Configure the type of  audio alert for phones by using the Pickup Audio Alert Setting. This  lets users configure the type of audio alert to be provided when phone  is idle or has an active call. See Directory Number Configuration Settings in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fscpickg.html#wp1072259

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your advice...what do you suggest in the scenario for 2 managers and 1 assistant???

Thanks

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alfonso,

You are most welcome my friend

If it were me, I would always use a multi-button phone for the Admin/Assistant

and actually put "Shared" line appearances of the two manager phones on the

Assistant's phone. If that is not possible then you may have to go with Audio-only

Pickup notification so that the audio portion could be turned off for the managers phones.

Cheers!

Rob

- The Clash

Thanks Rob!

That is what I did...