cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension ABCD is displaying as WXYZ

spurs2k18
Level 1
Level 1

Morning everyone.  I have an extension that when dialed out, it is displayed as another.  I have looked in DN config, and dont seem to find anything.  Also searched for the extension being displayed, but it does not seem to exist in dir.  One thing i did notice was that, when i compared to other extensions, WXYZ does not have a AAR group as others do.  I tried creating one, and also creating route partition, but probably did something wrong in the process.  Also worth mentioning that when outside callers dial in, they just get a busy signal.  Been Googling, but cant seem to get this issue with this one extension resolved. Not exactly a telcom guy so while ive learned a bit about UCM, i'm still green.  Any help or suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Cisco Unified CM Administration

System version: 9.1.2.12901-3

VMware Installation: 2 vCPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2420 0 @ 1.90GHz, disk 1: 80Gbytes, 4096Mbytes RAM, Partitions aligned

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Verify your calling search spaces and partitions, if the combined line/ Device CSS doesn't have access to the partition of the pattern you are dialing the result will be like this, can you check and make sure that there is a route pattern/Translation pattern exists in the CUCM for the pattern you are dialing and your combined line/Device css have access to it

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Call flow ? Protocols in use ? Did you do a DNA to see if one of the patterns might be causing this ? Do you have a GW ? Have you checked for any translations on there that might be causing this ?

Yes have a GW. Never was aware of DNA until you mentioned it (currently messing around with i). As for protocol, i believe using SCCP. Not too sure what you mean by Call flow. Thanks

Call flow would be something like -

Phone >> CUCM >> SIP >> GW >> SIP >> ITSP

You might be running something other than SIP in your network though.

Just see SIP and SCCP

And where do you see that ? Under Device > Phone ? How about Device > Gateways or Device > Trunks ?

Under Trunks (CUPS-SIP-Trunk)

From the name I would say this would be for your Presence server. Did you do a DNA ? What did it show ?

DNA Analysis Output

• Calling Party Information
      • Calling Party = 7221
      • Partition = P-INTERNAL
      • Device CSS = CSS-STR121-PSTN-Local
      • Line CSS = CSS-STR121-PSTN-LongDistance
      • AAR Group Name = AG-STR221
      • AAR CSS = CSS-STR121-PSTN-LongDistance
    • Dialed Digits =
    • Match Result = BlockThisPattern
    • Route Block Cause = Unallocated Number
    • Called Party Number =
    • Matched Pattern Information
      • Pattern =
      • Partition =
    • Pattern Type =
    • Time Zone =
    • Outside Dial Tone = NO
  • Call Flow
    • TranslationPattern :Pattern=
      • Partition =
      • Positional Match List =
      • Calling Party Number = 7221
      • PreTransform Calling Party Number =
      • PreTransform Called Party Number =
      • Calling Party Transformations
        • External Phone Number Mask = NO
        • Calling Party Mask =
        • Prefix =
        • CallingLineId Presentation =
        • CallingName Presentation =
        • Calling Party Number = 7221
      • ConnectedParty Transformations
        • ConnectedLineId Presentation =
        • ConnectedName Presentation =
      • Called Party Transformations
        • Called Party Mask =
        • Discard Digits Instruction =
        • Prefix =
        • Called Number =
  • Alternate Matches

Per your DNA, that call is being rejected already -

Match Result = BlockThisPattern

I noticed that, but not sure what I need to change to alter that barring that is the issue

Ok ive managed to fix the internal issue, but when dialing from outside line, just getting busy signal.

You need to check your gateway. Depending upon what protocol is being used, we can take logs to see where the issue is. This is the easier part to isolate the issue further.

Jinto Alakkal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi is it happening for both internal and external calls or just for external calls

Just external