cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility: Application Not Showing

Bill Hart
Level 1
Level 1

I am a bit new to the Cisco phones so please keep that in mind.

We are using 6945's and when I go into CUCM->Phones-><my phone> and check the Extension Mobility box to enable it, I apply the config and after the phone applies it, I still don't have the Extension Mobility application when I push the Gear button on my phone.

This is working fine for two of our other phones in the office.

Is there another step required to get the option to show up on the phone?

Note: If I actually set a logout profile, it works, but I don't want a logout profile. I want this phone to be a normal phone that a user can login to from time to time. So the setting that is not working is 'user current device settings'

All of our phones are using SCCP 9-3-1-3

Any advice?

Thanks in advance!                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Go under device --> device settings --> phone services

see if you have Extension Mobility service defined, if not you can build it per Cisco's documentation.

If it is built, then go to your phone, in the upper right hand corner under related links select subscribe/unsubscribe and follow the links to subscribe to the EM service.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to create and subscribe to the EM IP phone service unless it was built as enterprise service.

Chris

Sorry, for my ignorance, but can you give details on where I find that?

Go under device --> device settings --> phone services

see if you have Extension Mobility service defined, if not you can build it per Cisco's documentation.

If it is built, then go to your phone, in the upper right hand corner under related links select subscribe/unsubscribe and follow the links to subscribe to the EM service.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you very much, Chris. I had no idea that I had to subscribe the phones to the service.

That fixed it!

Have a great day!

No problem, that is what these forums are for :-)  Glad it is working for you.

Chris

Dear Mr. Chris Deren,

Thank you so much for the nice guidelines, I followed it accordingly which fixed the problem (now I can see the Extension Mobility inside cisco Ip phone 7841 ) but when I logged in user (username & PIN) the mentioned phone becomes reset (un-provisioned, Resetting). When you log out the user (by pressing the setting button> 06 Extension Mobility > Logout 1005 
then the phone comes to normal state (Registered with cucm). I want the user must login to phone so that we can monitor the user (Calls record, live monitoring it Cisco Finesse Supervisor portal) etc. Waiting for your further instruction. 
Thanks in advance,