Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility number not following

I have a question regarding extension mobility,  I am setting up extension mobility for the first time and the way I understand it is when a user logs into a phone there number should follow them, the only number i get when logging in is the number from the device profile not the users normal number.  So my question is does everyuser need a device profile? or how do i configure EM to user there number from the controlled device?                   

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK u need to configure device profile for each user because the device profile is loaded on the phone.

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

AFAIK u need to configure device profile for each user because the device profile is loaded on the phone.

Thanks

Okay thank you I just had to make usre

Look at it this way, EM loads a whole new config on the phone and has no idea of the previous config, so, you only get what you configure in the UDP, there's no way to get the DN the phone had + the DNs you configured with EM.

It's one, or the other.

And yes, every single user needs a UDP if you want them to use EM.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: