Outgoing interface list:
GigabitEthernet0/0, Forward/Sparse-Dense, 2w4d/stopped
Loopback0, Forward/Sparse-Dense, 3w2d/stopped

why RP is 0.0.0.0? 

7 Replies 7

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10949426/interpretation-show-ip-mroute-command-output

Regards

Deepak

In my voice gateway config:

interface SM1/0
ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0
service-module ip address 10.80.11.1 255.255.255.0
!Application: CUE Running on SM
service-module ip default-gateway 10.80.11.2

in my call-manager fallback

call-forward pattern .T
moh enable-g711 "flash:XYZ-moh.wav"
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.80.11.2 10.80.0.1

so am I using CME?

is my voice gateway  source? ,  I am using sparse-dense mode, based on my mroute above, am I using dense mode? how can I listen to XYZ-moh.wav?

call-manager fallback means you are using MGCP fallback and not CME-SRST. The below commands ensure that even in the fallback mode, multicast MOH keeps on working through the router itself:

moh enable-g711 "flash:XYZ-moh.wav"
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.80.11.2 10.80.0.1

interface SM1/0
ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/0
service-module ip address 10.80.11.1 255.255.255.0
!Application: CUE Running on SM
service-module ip default-gateway 10.80.11.2

The above commands are for CUE that gives Voicemail functionality. Yes your router is running in sparse mode and therefore Rendezvous Point (RP) is showing 0.0.0.0

As far as listening to XYZ-MOH.wav file is concerned you can download it and listen to that. Router will only play that file for the calls once MGCP fallback mode is operational since in the normal scenario when there is connectivity with CM server, multicast MOH will be played by the CM server itself. Refer to below link in case you want to understand more between MGCP fallback and CME-SRST:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/51901

Regards

Deepak

I think it is dense mode as Flag:D in mroute. RP:0.0.0.0 means no RP

how to download wav from flash in the VG?

Use a TFTP program to download the file, a simple Google search will provide lot of information on how to do this.

GigabitEthernet0/0, Forward/Sparse-Dense

The above command means that your router is configured as sparse-dense mode both. Take a look at below document in case you are facing issues with multicast MOH when the router is acting in Fallback mode:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/ip/ip-multicast/16450-mcastguide0.html

Regards

Deepak

thanks for the infor, may I know is voice gateway=CME, we install CUE inside voice gateway, do we need to install CME inside voice gateway?

since CME also talks to CUCM, what's the benefit of using CME/without CME? 

compared with using CUCM and voice gateway only

voice gateway=CME

Answer is No, though your voice gateway can act as CME as well provided you have configured it

CME also talks to CUCM, what's the benefit of using CME/without CME? 

CME can talk to the PSTN as well directly. People use CME when they do not have CM in their infrastructure to register and manage phones. There is also below scenario wherein people configure CME on the router and it then acts as CME-SRST.

SRST is a configuration that is used for protection against a WAN failure in a centralized call processing model. When the IP WAN is unavailable and the phones on the remote site cannot register with Call Manager, they register with the local router on which CME is configured. The phones can call other local phones connected to the same SRST instance. They can also make use of the POTS lines connected directly to the router (analog or digital) to call out into the PSTN.

Go through the below link that will help you understand this more effectively

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/thread/4910

Regards

Deepak

Regards

Deepak