cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flashhook via FXO VIC card in 2901 Router

mikecooley
Level 1
Level 1

We have a 2901 Router running CME with two 4-port FXO cards installed.  We register SIP clients to the router and place/receive calls via the FXO ports.

We are trying to get the FXO port on the 2901 router to perform a flashhook operation when it receives an RTP-NTE event via the voip interface.  The call is originally setup as a SIP call from a SIP client to the Cisco router.

I have setup the SIP Interface to negotiate the RTP-NTE events which seems to be working properly (I can dial DTMF digits via RTP Events on the SIP side and the FXO port generates the inband DTMF digits to the analog FXO port).

The SIP INVITE to the 2901 router negotiates (via SDP) the RTP Events as:
rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
fmtp:101 0-16

to which the router responds with a 200 OK with the same negotiation (0-16).

If I send the RTP-Event 16 (which should be flashhook?), I can see that the router receives the event (by turning on "debug voip rtp session named-event"), but the FXO port does not generate a flashhook event.   I have setup the "timing hookflash-out" setting under the voice-port for the desired FXO port, but it didn't seem to help.   I've also enabled "fxo hook-flash" under telephony service, but from what I've read, I don't think this field actually applies to my scenario.

So, I have a few questions:
1) Is it possible to get the FXO port to generate a flash when it receives an DTMF Event (rtp-nte)? 
2) If not, is there another method the SIP client could/should use to get the FXO port to generate a flash?  We need to dial DTMF digits via the rtp-nte method (for IVR access, etc), so if the answer to this question is yes, can the two methods co-exist?

Thanks,

Mike

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

Hi,

Do you have the following on your config?

voice-port 1/0
 timing hookflash-out 500

!--- Outgoing hookflash is 500 msec. 

connection plar opx 200

!--- Use PLAR OPX option on the FXO port. 
Best Regards

Thank you for the response.   I do have those settings in my configuration.   My FXO port configuration follows:

voice-port 0/0/0

timeouts ringing infinity

timing hookflash-out 500

connection plar opx 1111101

caller-id enable

Do you need to use rtp-nte or can you change it to h.245?

Best Regards

I only need to use rtp-nte for the dtmf dialing.    I could certainly use h.245 for the flashhook if both methods could co-exist.  I had read that Cisco used h.245 for relaying the flashhook between fxs and fxo cards, but could not find an example of what the message would look like.

Thank you for the links!    It looks like implementing H.245 would not be very straight forward.    I'm going to start looking into the tcl script method and see where I end up.

Sorry i could not solve ur issue and all the best with the tcl scripting let us know if u have solved it

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Best Regards

I was able to modify the tcl script example that you recommended to accomplish what I needed.   Thanks!