cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward hunt pilot to voicemail

CUCM55120
Level 1
Level 1

I have just set up voicemail for a customer on a hunt pilot and it works ok but needed to set up a forward all to voicemail while their team is all out of the office. The voicemail is playing a message then hanging up without the option to leave a message while they are away.

Is there a way to 'forward all' the hunt pilot to voicemail? From what I read elsewhere the suggested way is to get everyone to log out of the hunt group on their phones? This makes sense but our users are still getting used to a VoIP system and the concept of logging in and out of phones, let alone hunt groups so it is often easier and safer for us to implement things like this manually, especially as this kind of thing isn't asked for often.

Currently I have set the hunt timer to 1 second just in case anyone stays logged in accidentally to avoid the phones still ringing all week as the office is occupied by other teams. Surely there is a way to forward straight to voicemail on a hunt pilot?

Cheers.

1 Reply 1

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Couple of options:

1. As you mentioned, have users log out and forward unanswered calls to VM via the hunt pilot options.

2. Create a DN that is call forwarded to the hunt pilot. Add this DN to a phone or group of phones. Users can unforward to the hunt pilot DN and forward to VM at any time.

3. A variation on #2 would be to use time of day routing so that the DN is forwarded to the hunt pilot during certain times and to VM during other times. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/109588-tod-routing-example00.html

Brandon