Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarded calls get fast busy

Hello,

I have CUCM installed and I have an issues with forwarding calls to a Mobile. When my London user forwards their Cisco handset to a mobile number only London users can call that person.

Someone in the Paris office using a Paris Device Pool and Paris CSS etc... gets fast busy. I have tested with other offices and they also get the same. When the phone isn't forwarded calls can be made without problems its just that last hop to the mobile where its failing.

I have tried using different CSS's but I am getting nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glenn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Looks like you are sending the call to the ITSP with G.729.

m=audio 31598 RTP/AVP 18 101
b=TIAS:8000
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

Do your provider support that?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

It would be the CSS used for call forward on the forwarded directory number that would be used.

By your information I’m guessing you use standard local route group selection on your route patterns? And also that you have the service parameter for SLRG selection set to the default, aka use calling party’s SLRG? With this the number entered as the forward destination is likely not routeable in the other sites.

Response Signature

Thanks for the reply. I am not a Call Manager expert so excuse me as I am having a little trouble understanding your reply.

On my profile my "Call Forward / Call Pickup Settings" are set to the below CSS

GB-LON-CFwdAll-CSS

This CSS contains the partitions:-

GB-PSTN-CFWD-PT

LINE-PT

SYSTEM-PT

Every DN in London, Paris and Singapore uses a Route Partition "LINE-PT". I am not sure what the SYSTEM-PT is

I am not sure what you mean by SLRG

When I forward my number I would use 9 to breakout so I would add 907854XXXXXX for example.

When Paris call me my directory number is listed as E164 to they would be dialing +44207XXXXXXX

I see 2 route patterns with the partition GB-PSTN-CFWD-PT these are:-

\+.!

\+44!

I am not sure what other info I can give you.

Cheers,

Glenn

SLRG=Standard Local Route Group.

As all the route patterns you list starts with \+ and you say that the forward destination number starts with a 9 there are likely translation pattern(s) that change the number. Can you please check dependency report for the partition GB-PSTN-CFWD-PT?

Response Signature

I have attached screen dumps for dependancy

I also ran debug ccsip messages on the London ISR for the failed call which I have added.

Looks like you are sending the call to the ITSP with G.729.

m=audio 31598 RTP/AVP 18 101
b=TIAS:8000
a=rtpmap:18 G729/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000

Do your provider support that?

Response Signature

We use Spitfire Telecoms. When I saw 101 in the debug it rang a bell and I checked old emails between the guy installing the CUCM and Spitfire.

From looking at old emails we had the same problem before when we ran the UAT after installation and it affected London users calling London phones forwarded to mobiles and the caller got fast busy.

Spitfire advised back then that we needed Payload 101 active.

I will send them the debug and get their advice. I'll update this ticket when I hear back.

Thanks for your help so far.

Spitfire tell me they don't accept G.729 they only accept G.711ALAW and G.711ULAW. I have gone into my regions and calls between London and Paris I have changed to G.722/G.711 with 64kbps.

Call Manager says I need to reset the devices so I am waiting for a window to do this.

After changing to G.711 in the regions and resetting everything it now works.

Hi

Please check forwarded number ( Route Pattern->Partition) is in  theParis CSS.

Paris user I am testing with is using the following CSS

FR-LINE-UNRESTRICTED-CSS

I have just added the following Partitions into the CSS but I still get Fast Busy

GB-PSTN-CFWD-PT

GB-NATIONAL-PSTN-PT

GB-PSTN-PT

Thanks,

Glenn