Views
Helpful
Replies

Fowarding calls to a Unity Call Handler

steve pearson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have created a System Call Handler in Unity, but when I try to forward calls on certain extensions, I get the Unity menu prompt (as though the dialled number is not registered against the Call Handler).

However, when I call the DN associated to the Unity Call Handler, I go to the call handler successfuly.  It is as though the Unity CH does not have the original called number associated.

Scenario:

DN: x6302 - if unanswered, go to a call handler created in Unity (x8997)

What I have done:

Unity: Created a System Call Handler, in the extension field I have inserted 8997.

CUCM: Created a CTI RP, with x8997 assigned and in the 8997 DN, forward all calls to voicemail.

CUCM: On the original DN (6302) forward rules on no answer, I have tried both *8997 and 8997, both of which do forward incoming calls to Unity, but Unity simply plays the "Welcome to Cisco Unity Messaging system, from a touch tone phone.........."

How do I assisn the incoming calls to the System Call Handler please?

PS - if I was to take messages from this account, would the standard procedure to retrieve messages be to dial the Unity Pilot, then enter X, 8997, then the PIN?

Thank you.

Steve

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Normally the first DN is used to check in Unity. In your case you want the last redirected DN to be checked. You have to change "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"

This can be found under

System Settings / Advanced / Conversations

It is a cluster wide parameter

JH

View solution in original post

I'd be careful with using this option as this is global parameter in CUC, so depending on the already created setup it might break some things.

So to match appropriate handler you should rather use:

Call Management > Call Routing >  Forwarded Routing Rules

And then match number based on forwarding station (in your case 6302) (this assumes you don't have VM for 6302 created) and make it hit your handler.

Regarding retrieving the message Call Handler is not a Voicemailbox, so you need to define in Handler details where to drop your message after you play all the options.

Leszek

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

Normally the first DN is used to check in Unity. In your case you want the last redirected DN to be checked. You have to change "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call"

This can be found under

System Settings / Advanced / Conversations

It is a cluster wide parameter

JH

I'd be careful with using this option as this is global parameter in CUC, so depending on the already created setup it might break some things.

So to match appropriate handler you should rather use:

Call Management > Call Routing >  Forwarded Routing Rules

And then match number based on forwarding station (in your case 6302) (this assumes you don't have VM for 6302 created) and make it hit your handler.

Regarding retrieving the message Call Handler is not a Voicemailbox, so you need to define in Handler details where to drop your message after you play all the options.

Leszek

Works a treat!! Thanks!

I have never looked at the call forwarding rules on Unity.

I have removed my CTI RP on CUCM.

Thanks again.

Aswin S
Level 1
Level 1

Thought of using Translation pattern as callFWD and mask the CTI RP number. Not sure how it will work.

DN --> callFWD to TP --> TP mask to CTI RP number

Why are you posting an answer on a post that is marked as solved and is six years old?

Response Signature