Views
Helpful
Replies

From Cisco to ISDN

thomas1994
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to call a analogue phone, which is connected on my Elmeg c44 TK-Device, from my Cisco IP Phone! The phones I have are Cisco 7945, Cisco 7940, Cisco 6921 and also the Cisco IP Communicator. The version of my CME is 15.1(4)M3 --> 8.6.

The problem I have now is that a call from my analogue phone, only come to my CME and the IP phone will not ring. When I start the ip debug isdn all command, I see that the call is recognised on the port, but will not be forwarded.

Maybe anyone else is struggling with the same problem or already can phone from Voice over IP to POTS!

Please help me!

Thanks,

thomas

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have to check which number is being dialed. if the number is correct, the IP phone will ring.

Yeah but the CME is via BRI Interface with an externel S0 Bus (TK-Device) connected, which has the internal number 5. So when I call 5 on a analogue phone, the call only comes to the router and with the debug command I can't see a called number, so i can't forward the call to one of the number of my CIsco Phones (2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 are the numbers). Maybe the called number will not being transmitted and so the dial-peer voice which is configured on my CME can't convert and forward the call?