Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO to FXO Disconnection

Mustapha Arakji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know this topic has been discussed more than 100 times, but i'm not sure about this scenario:

CME with 4 FXO ports. One port is a dedicated line (Support) with hunt group configured to ring at 2 IP Phones. After working hours, the IP Phone users will use the CallFwdAll to direct the line to his moible number.

The problem is that after working hours, when someone call the support hotline, the call will be directed to the mobile line of the support (using one FXO port). If no one answers the mobile line, after around 10 ring, the mobile will stop ringing (the mobile operator timeouts) and the client will receive a re-order tone.

In this case, the FXO port used in the CallFwdAll will get stuck, and the router doesn't release it, until we perform the shut / no shut.

We have tried alot of cptones, and custome cptones, but with no success. Taking into consideration that other disconnection problems are solved.

Could this be solved? should we look more into custome cptones?

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Beside the disconnection tones to be 100% correct, you will also need:

voice-card 0

no local-bypass

if you don't have this, no DSP will be attached to the call, and tones cannot be detected.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Beside the disconnection tones to be 100% correct, you will also need:

voice-card 0

no local-bypass

if you don't have this, no DSP will be attached to the call, and tones cannot be detected.

Great that's fix it.

Now i have upgraded the scenario, now i have two sites.

Clients dial support hotline (FXO) --> (Router A) --> Connectio plar opx to extension 8028 --> dial-peer voice voip 8208 --> VOIP --> (Site B) --> UCCX --> After working hours --> Call Redirect to moible line --> (Router B) --> FXO --> Mobile.

The disconnection problem here is that when the call ends, the FXO at router A and FXO at router B are stuck.

Any advise,

In that case, likely both of router A and B are not configured for the correct disconnection tones..

Note: for safe results in telephony, use ISDN not FXO.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Thanks for the reply,

Currently we have FXO, so we are stuck to it. As for the disconnection  it's working fine for each site alone. This is the only case that i have  explained that i couldn't fix.

Check that sometime you will received different diconnection tones depending on where the call goes, e.g tones from mobile network are different from fixed. In that case it become practically impossible to have it working.

You gave me an idea for another test. I tried to transfer to a landline, the disconnection worked fine! But only when transferring to a mobile line, the disconnection problem remain.

Clients dial support hotline (FXO) --> (Router A) --> Connectio  plar opx to extension 8028 --> dial-peer voice voip 8208 --> VOIP  --> (Site B) --> UCCX --> After working hours --> Call  Redirect to moible line --> (Router B) --> FXO --> Mobile / Landline

thanks,

Again, if you want professional results, use ISDN or SIP. If yuot customer doesn't have that now, have them order from telco.