Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Redundancy (E1)

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

In our CUCM Cluster there are two gateways, two E1s are connecting to seperately to two Routers. By default all Voice calls are going through Gateway 1, but if the E1 down in gateway 1 all calls should use Gateway 2 , how can i configure this in CUCM ?

Regds

$

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. This is what you need to do.

1. You need only one route group for this.So I suggest you move your gateways into a single route group.

2. You can select your route group algorithm either as top down or circular. If you want to use top down then make sure the pimary gateway is the first in the list

3. You also need only one route list. This is mandatory for your redundancy to work. Assign the route group above into this route list

4. Assign your route pattern to the route list

After you have done all this, then you  need to modify the following parameters in CUCM

1. Go to cucm service parameters

2. Scroll down to Route Plan (cluster wide config)

set the ff two parameters

a. stop routing on allocated number flag=False

b.stop routing on user busy flag=false

By default, this values are set to true.

You can then test your configuration by shutting down one of the E1 on the gateway and ensure the call goes to the second gateway

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

First of all you need to let us know what type of gateway ayou are using? H323 or MGCP.

In both cases, you need to have them in the same Route group. Then depending or which gateway type you are using we can advise further

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hi

I'm using H323,

Currently I'm having two route groups (RG1 and RG2), in RG1 GW1 is the first device and GW2 is the second. In RG2 GW2 is the first and GW1 is the second.

And two Route Lists too (RL1 and RL2), in RL1 RG1 is the first and RG2 is the second in RL2 , RG2 is the first and RG1 is the second.

Routers are 2921

Regds

$

Ok. This is what you need to do.

1. You need only one route group for this.So I suggest you move your gateways into a single route group.

2. You can select your route group algorithm either as top down or circular. If you want to use top down then make sure the pimary gateway is the first in the list

3. You also need only one route list. This is mandatory for your redundancy to work. Assign the route group above into this route list

4. Assign your route pattern to the route list

After you have done all this, then you  need to modify the following parameters in CUCM

1. Go to cucm service parameters

2. Scroll down to Route Plan (cluster wide config)

set the ff two parameters

a. stop routing on allocated number flag=False

b.stop routing on user busy flag=false

By default, this values are set to true.

You can then test your configuration by shutting down one of the E1 on the gateway and ensure the call goes to the second gateway

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: