cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

GB Number Plan - Route Filter - National Access

ian.ryder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I am trying to allow E164 dialling and normal 9 prefix dialling for outbound calls.  I currently use 9.@ with route filters to restrict access to specfic numbers.  I therefore want to replicate these to +44.@, the issue is the existing route filters would have the number format with a leading 0 which needs to be removed when changing to E164.

Looking at the TAG there is a NATIONAL-ACCESS tag which effectively specifics the leading 0 in GB numbers, so I would think I can simply copy the existing Route Filters but removing the NATIONAL-ACCESS EXISTS part of them.  However even if I remove this, the CUCM still seems to expect to see the leading 0.

Any ideas, do has anyone else configured + dialling using Dial Plan for restrictions?

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ian,

I have had this issue before. You need to play with the discard digit instruction in the filters. Here is an excellent link to how you can achieve it.. look at the Appendix C, DDI  to know what to do...

Nat->Internat
Removes leading 0 for geographic numbers.01752808080 becomes 1752808080

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008028af3a.shtml

Please rate all useful posts

Thanks for the reply - the discard instructions will help with transforming a number dialled with a 9 prefix to remove the leading National Prefix, however it doesnt help the matching of a route pattern using + dialling with no leading 0 original dialled.  The main issue is I can get any route pattern to match a number dialled without the leading 0 for National access, using a route filter even if I exclude the National-Access route tag.

I dont know if this is a bug or limitation.  I want a \+44.@ using a Mob Route Filter to match a dialled number of +447917123456, so have a route filter with a tag of Mobile Access and Mobile Subscriber exists (so no National Access i.e. the leading 0).  However even with this route filter configured the route pattern will only match +44 0 7917123456

MOBILE-SUBSCRIBER

This tag specifies the six-digit mobile subscriber number

MOBILE-ACCESS

This tag specifies the four-digit mobile access codes, which are 77XX, 78XX, or 79XX.

NATIONAL-ACCESS

This tag specifies the leading zero digit in all national and geographic numbers. 0 always represents this tag.

Ian,

I understand the problem you have now. Hmm sometimes RFs are tricky. you can use a xlation pattern to do this...

so you have the following....

\+44! (tick route urgently), then ensure the CSS on the xlation pattern has access only the PT of the RP= \+44@.

setup your RF as normal

RF= Mobile RF with mobile and National Access

then use

DDI= Mobile->Internat

Please rate all useful posts

However even with this route filter configured the route pattern will only match +44 0 7917123456.

+44 0 7917123456 should always be invalid.

Only 07917123456 and +44 7917123456 should be valid (and 00 44 or 011 44).