Views
Helpful
Replies

Greeting for main lines

Tazio4436
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have two main line at my reception desk.

These 2 lines are for two different sub companies.

When someone calls in on line number 1 the receptionist takes the name of company 1

When someone calls in on line number 2 the receptionist takes the name of company 2

But if the receptionist is not there the call goes to VM after the greeting is being played.

For Line 1 when receptionist does not Answer the caller hears Company’s 1 name and leave your message. That ok but we want to personalize that too.

For Line 2 when receptionist does not Answer the caller hears Company’s 2 old address and the company’s name. We want to fix the address and personalize the greeting a little bit.

Thanks

Tazio

8 Replies 8

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

You need either the mailbox PIN for both or the web gui password to access the mailbox and update the name and the greeting.

Do you have either of those?  If not you would need to reset those.

With the mailbox PIN you would access the mailbox via the phone and select option 4 for set up options.

With the Web GUI password you would sign in and enter the messaging assistant and select greetings and use the PCs mic to record and save a new one.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I am going to try this today

Tazio

MrButton
Level 1
Level 1

Another way of doing this is at the admin level. You can do this under CUC by logging on, open the VM profile, and upload the wave file if you have a pre-recording.  Make the format is:  

PropertyValue
Bit Rate64kbps
Audio Sample Size8 bit
Channels1 (mono)
Audio Sample Rate8khz
Audio FormatCCITT U-law

I use to use the Text-to-Speech software to make messages, format to the format above, and upload the file to the VM profile.  It made life a lot easier for me.  It gave me the options of using different voices and languages.

Hi,

When you say VM profile can you please guide me a little bit more as I cannot see VM at all in CUC

Thanks

Tazio

I believe he is referencing the voice mailbox in question.  You can use Amazon Polly or a similar text to speech engine and upload the wav file for a mailbox greeting.  I have found you will need another application like Audacity to reformat the wav file to the file spec MrButton has detailed.

Hello ,

This is what i see in CUC, where do i go to the VM?

Thanks

Tazio

Depends whether the mailbox is a call handler or a user with call handler option enabled.

Expand users and then enter the extension number and find.  If there is nothing there, expand Call Management, then System Call Handlers and then enter the extension number and find.

Hi,

I expanded users and put the reception ext number which is 206 and then click to open this profile and have lots of other information.

Now question here...Where the Recorded name is how can I listen to what is recorded?

Second I expand Call Management, then System Call Handlers and put ext 206 and there is nothing but if I select Display name and do a find , I have many Call handlers with different name.

Again another question, How to i listen to the recording of these call handlers?

Thanks

Tazio

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: