cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 - Choose _outbound_ FXO port based on calling number

kylebrogers
Level 4
Level 4

*** I know this can be done easily with MGCP, but we are running into a bizarre, unrelated MGCP bug that is making me consider changing this gateway to H323 ***

I have 2 companies sharing a single CUCM and voice gateway.  The voice gateway has 4 FXO ports.  0/0/0 and 0/0/1 have POTS lines belonging to company A and 0/0/2 and 0/0/3 have POTS lines belonging to Company B. 

When company A calls out, they want calls to go out their lines so that their caller ID shows up to the customer but if both their lines are full they want to roll over and go out company B's lines rather than having the call dropped.  Company B wants the same thing. 

With MGCP, this was a simple feat, but with H323, how can I configure the gateway to consider the inbound caller's extension range and then route out either ports 0,1,2,3 (Company A) or 3,4,1,2 (Company B)based on that?

Company A occupies the 1xxx range and Company B occupies the 2xxx range

While I know it's not relevant, in case anyone is wondering, the inbound lines for each company simply PLAR to each company's call handler

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There might be some additional things you would have to add but above is what I would do from an outbound call routing perspective.

This should match the calling number either 1XXX or 2XXX and hit the respective inbound voip dial-peer, prepend 771 or 772 respectively to the called number, and then match the appropriate outbound POTS dial-peer.

Hope that helps.

Don't forget to rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Shane

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

dial-peer voice 1000 voip

translation-profile incoming 1XXX-Prefix

answer-address 1...

!

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

translation-profile incoming 2XXX-Prefix

answer-address 2...

!

dial-peer voice 9001 pots

destination-pattern 771T

preference 1

port 0/0/1

!

dial-peer voice 9002 pots

destination-pattern 771T

preference 2

port 0/0/2

!

dial-peer voice 9003 pots

destination-pattern 772T

preference 1

port 0/0/3

!

dial-peer voice 9004 pots

destination-pattern 772T

preference 2

port 0/0/4

!

!

!

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /771\1/

!

voice translation-profile 1XXX-Prefix

translate called 1

!

voice translation-rule 2

rule 1 /\(.*\)/ /772\1/

!

voice translation-profile 2XXX-Prefix

translate called 2

There might be some additional things you would have to add but above is what I would do from an outbound call routing perspective.

This should match the calling number either 1XXX or 2XXX and hit the respective inbound voip dial-peer, prepend 771 or 772 respectively to the called number, and then match the appropriate outbound POTS dial-peer.

Hope that helps.

Don't forget to rate useful posts.

Thanks,

Shane

Shane,

Just realized I never rated this post.  I actually ended up doing it a different way but went ahead and marked your post for the points since you gave me the idea of transforming the number.  My solution was to give this user's phone their own CSS.  On outbound calls, I had CUCM append a 555 to the dialed number.  So if they 9,3401234 I had CUCM strip the 9 and make it 5553401234.  Then I had a dial-peer on the GW that ONLY matched outbound calls that began with 555 (since that's not a real prefix).  The dial-peer, which was the only dial-peer attached to that specific FXO port, would then strip the 555 before sending the call to the carrier.  So only that phone's calls could match that dial-peer and hit that FXO port and the only thing that matched 555 was that dial-peer so the user's calls couldn't be directed out another dial-peer.

Well the old saying goes "something about skinning a cat, blah blah blah".

Good job and thanks for following up!

I juest looked at the post again and I think I completely missed your first response and only ever read the 2nd one.  After re-reading, I did almost exactly what you suggested.  I stand corrected.  5 star all around

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: