Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 to hunt group and CFWDall disconnects with cause code 41

b.t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have a H323 gateway with ISDN to PSTN.

Call comes in from PSTN, hits dial peer to CUCM 8 hunt pilot (broadcast hunt), then call forward to AA.  I want the users to be able to CFWDall to another destination when they need to (if they all go into a meeting or close early etc).

Hunt pilot is set to Maximum Hunt Limit of 5s and use personnal preferences for no answer and busy.

Phone in broadcast hunt group is set to No Answer Ring Duration of 3s (only have one phone in hunt list - removed the others for diagnostic purposes).

When I dial in from PSTN, the phone rings (and I get ringback tone on calling phone) for about 25s, then the call cuts off for some reason......

I have attached a file with debug (voice ccapi inout and ISDN Q931) and a show run if that helps.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I have tried making the hunt pilot have Maximum Hunt Limit less than the phone line, but same problem.

Thanks

Brian

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

I hope I am following this properly I just wanted to verify this premise.

You have to keep in mind that a call that has routed via the Hunt  Pilot will always ignore the CFWD Settings on Hunt Group/Line Group Member phones.  The normal way to control this then is via the Hunt Group Logout of  member phones combined with the Hunt Pilot level forward settings.

The  following describes how the Call Forward settings on individual Hunt  member phones are ignored when presented a call via the Hunt feature.  Here is a clip;

Hunting and Call Forwarding

The  concept of hunting differs from that of call forwarding. Hunting allows  Cisco Unified Communications Manager to extend a call to one or more  lists of numbers, where each such list can specify a hunting order that  is chosen from a fixed set of algorithms. When a call extends to a hunt  party from these lists and the party fails to answer or is busy, hunting  resumes with the next hunt party. (The next hunt party varies depending  on the current hunt algorithm.)

***Hunting thus ignores the Call  Forward No Answer (CFNA), Call Forward Busy (CFB), or Call Forward All  (CFA) settings for the attempted party (Line Group member Phones).***

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmsys/a03rp.html#wp1078922

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty

Thanks Rob

While I entirely agree with you on the Cisco documentation, I believe that I actually had this working a couple of weeks ago and actually demonstrated this to the customer - so that is very frustrating and puzzling.  Either I managed to configure this in a way that is not the expected bahaviour, or I misled myself on how I did the test.

Alternatively, can you think of a different way of the users (or just one user like a manager) doing a simple way of forwarding when they need to make an unusual site closure?  And I do not think they will like the idea of Hlog, as they have no confidence in most of their end users.......

Thanks in advance

Brian

Rob (+5) as always, excellent post.

Brian,

Call forwarding from a line group member has always been an issue. It has never worked! However there is a clever way you can get another phone to ring when a line group number is called simulating call forwarding. This is enabled by the feature called SNR (single number reach)

The document below details how to configure this.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14629

If you dont want the call to ring on a mobile but rather a different number, just configure that number as your remote destination associated with the RDP...

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Please rate all useful posts

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Brian,

In addition to the great info from my friend Deji (+5 "D")

I've found over the years is that users sometimes prefer

the simplest method to control these things themselves (think KISS principle )

You could simply take XXXX off the Hunt Pilot and put it as Line 1 on an IP phone

this way the forwarding can be completely controlled from the one phone.Set up

the existing Hunt Group as YYYY (new number). If they want to close early or everyone is off @ a meeting

, they forward XXXX to a backup person at their respective number.

If everything is running normally then forward XXXX to YYYY. WooHoo!

With this method the users could also change the forwarding via the ccmuser web access.

Cheers!

Rob

"Far away from your trouble and worry
You belong somewhere you feel free" - Tom Petty