Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware configuration error [Solved]

maxime.antoine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have tried to update my cucm 7.1.3 to 8.6.2a on a vmware server but without any success.. The upgrade failed after the hardware test. Is-it possible to desactivate this test ?

I have done the COP 1.1 upgrade before trying to upgrade to 8.6.2a

My config is :

2 processors x 5.859 Ghz (Intel Xeon CPU 3GHz)

4Gb Ram

170Gb Memory

Red Hat enterprise 5 (32-bit)

Here is the screen :

fail2.png

Regards,

Maxime.

5 Replies 5

ronpatel
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

What is the procedure you are adopting for the upgrade and how is CUCM 7.1.3 is installed.

Regards

Ronak Patel

Regards Ronak Patel Rate all helpful post by clicking stars below the answer.

Hi,

CUCM is installed on a VmWare Server who's installed on a Win Server 2003 EE.

For the upgrade, first of all I go on Cisco Unified OS Administration > Software Upgrade > Install/Upgrade.

Install ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.0.cop and v1.1.cop (both are Active in Show > Software).

After this, same process with UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.2.20000-2.sgn.iso (restricted).

All this files are on a SFTP (FreeFTPd).

I can give you the log of the COP1.1 and 8.6.2a but for the last one, i have only the log before the reboot and install the dataBase. But nothing to say excpet the blue screen you can see up.

Regards,

Maxime.

Hi Maxine

Using RTMT you can collect the 'install and upgrade' logs from the 'inactive' partition (select this on the last screen of the 'collect logs' wizard).

A common error with the refresh upgrades is that they fail if the NTP server used by the callmanager being upgraded is not available/accessible at the time of the upgrade. Run 'utils ntp status' at the CLI to see the current status before the upgrade.

Regards

Aaron Harrison

Principal Engineer at Logicalis UK

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

my ntp is running and accessible (can ping from CLI).

Patrick made me remark that there is a glitch with de demo license.. I'll make a bootable version of 8.6.2a and install it.

I'll update you as soon as the install finished.

Regards,

Maxime

maxime.antoine
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

finally my installation succeed. I thank's you all for your time.

For succeed I installed CUCM8.6.2a from scratch by making the iso bootable.

Regards,

Maxime.