Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset & handset use for IP phone

andersson1970
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can both headset & handset be used simultaneously on Cisco 6921 IP phone ? Means can same call be heard on headset & handset  at same time ?

Regards,

Andersson

5 Replies 5

gmendivi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Andersson,

Headset and handset can't be used simultaneously on 6921. I have just tested it in my lab.

In fact I did also test it with a 7971 and I got the same result: either you speak/listen through the handset or you speak/listen through the headset.

The combinations that work are:

* Speak/listen through the speaker and headset simultaneously

* Speak/listen through the speaker and handset simultaneously

I believe this is true for every model. Did you find any example where you could use headset and handset simultaneously? Please let me know the phone model so I can test it in my lab as well.

I hope it helps,

German

Hi Sir,

can you please helpme telling me where this setting is?

At this moment i have CUCM 4.1.3 and ip phones 7942, and i have had not being able to activate the way to enable speak / listen thru the headset and handset at the same time, for the ip phones i can use either handset or headset but not both at the same time.

thanks.

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Handset/Headset Monitor is not available for 69xx/89xx/99xx phones in the product specific configuration. That parameter was introduced to have the ability disable the default behavior on third generation phones as some consider this a security risk. That default behavior was consistent with the old hardware where this was as per design.

As per specification 89xx/99xx phones have only one active path for the audio so this does not pose as a problem, as German tested I'm assuming this also applies to 69xx. Though if you want to have this back as a feature that you can again have audio on both, you would may want to talk to the account team to have this implemented.

Hi,

Thanks for you inputs.

Is there any documentation available on Cisco site for the same ?

Regards,

Andersson

Check the following doc. It may be of some help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7906g_7911g/8_5/english/user_guide/06speak.pdf

Hope that helps

Regards

Nitesh

PS:Pl rate helpful posts