Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset troubleshooting on Cisco IP 7942G

pmorris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Where I work has the Cisco IP 7942G phones.  We recently tried to connect a Plantronics HW251N wired headset to the phone.  We plugged the headset in using the coiled wire adapter, set the headset volume, etc,, but we can hear absolutely nothing over the headset and callers can barely hear us on the other end through the microphone.  Does anyone have any suggestions for what other settings besides those in the set up manual we can try in order to get the headset to work?

Thank you,

Pam

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can check Plantronics compatibility with Cisco phones here:

http://www.plantronics.com/us/solutions/cisco/

There should be no need for any adapters with Cisco phones with wired headsets, so if that model is supported with your Cisco phone try removing the adapter.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for responding so quickly. I meant to say that the coiled cord is the connector cable to the amplifier.  The headset does not come ready to plug into the jack at the rear of the phone since it is has a quick disconnect end.  It has to be plugged into the coiled connector which has the correct male jack end to insert into the phone.  Sorry about the confusion. 

Thank you,

Pam

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pam,

Just to add on other note to the good tips from my friend Chris (+5).

Plantronics does make many different coiled quick disconnect cords but the one you need for Cisco phones like the 7942 is this part;

Part#Amp-26716-01

With the extractor tip (on jack) facing towards you the wire colors should be (from left) red,black,yellow, green. I'm guessing they sent you the wrong one.

Cheers!

Rob

HI Rob,

I just pulled the jack and it is from left red, black, white, green.  I'll let them know we have the wrong adapter.  Thank you!!!

Pam

+5 to Rob for excellent response.